Where in Dublin...

RudeBoy

Petrolheads
Hello there,

I need to adjust valves in my Subaru engine, so I need few of those metal plates (shields? - what's the correct English name for those? :))
used in this work (2.52mm, 2.46mm, 2 x 2.44mm, 2.43 mm) I hope you know, what I mean :)

And my question is - do you know maybe where in Dublin (or simply Ireland) could I get them?

Cheers
Jacek

OK - I found a shop abroad, which will send me those plates.
But anyway for future it would be good to know, if there's a place I can get them here in Ireland.

Cheers

Just curious, how do you know when you need to adjust valves?

[quote author=Matt link=topic=5280.msg59223#msg59223 date=1201970102]
[/quote]

if your engine is noisy especially when cold a tapping noise and its shims to adjust them

[quote author=Matt link=topic=5280.msg59223#msg59223 date=1201970102]
[/quote]

It's simple :) - I'm finishing rebuild of the engine. It was good to check everything and make it perfect :) anyway I hope so :)

Cheers

Did you rebuild your own engine if so do you have a background in engine building its something id love to have a go off.

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=5280.msg59261#msg59261 date=1201976455]
Did you rebuild your own engine if so do you have a background in engine building its something id love to have a go off.
[/quote]

Actually it's my friend who's better in this stuff, so we do that in free time - I'm responsible rather for parts etc.
I'd say, I shouldn't rather really touch the engine myself :) I'm better in computers ;) not mechanical works ;)

Back