at what point should a car be mapped?

lenno

Sunday Drivers
recently bought a 98 wrx (irish one)
currently car has td05 and hks BOV
fitting a catback exhaust this week and theirs an oil catch can and a 3 port solenoid that came with car

can my car be mapped on the ecu in the car?
is der any other mods i should do before the remap?
should i fit 3 port solenoid or is it pointless?
what about the oil catch can also?

any advice appreciated

Has the car not been previously mapped to run the turbo and 3 port, as id assume it would have sh*t itself by now if it hadn't?

Has the car not been previously mapped to run the turbo and 3 port, as id assume it would have sh*t itself by now if it hadn't?

3 port + oil can came with car not fitted. Turbo is on it but not mapped for it so not really driving the car much at all just gathering whats neccessary then going map it soon as ! passed nct yesterday so ready to start movin on it now

I'm no expert but oil catch can and 3 port not required

Helps depending on other supporting mods ect

If that makes sense

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ah that's great to hear, so I'm by far an expert but a few of the lads are sh*t hot on these things but 3 ports are only needed going with big power 400 plus and should only be fitted right before the mapping as engine will not run properly with it, not sure about catch can might look cool at least.

I'd look into are uprated fuel pump and maybe a hi flow cat or decat.

I'm no expert but oil catch can and 3 port not required

Helps depending on other supporting mods ect

If that makes sense

yeah from what im reading it doesnt seem neccessary for what im hoping to do with the car

Ah that's great to hear, so I'm by far an expert but a few of the lads are sh*t hot on these things but 3 ports are only needed going with big power 400 plus and should only be fitted right before the mapping as engine will not run properly with it, not sure about catch can might look cool at least.

I'd look into are uprated fuel pump and maybe a hi flow cat or decat.

thanks for the info probably shift on the 3 port so and get a custom decat made up to suit the catback i bought this afternoon

will check fuel pump later cause the fuel pump is very loud so wonder if its an upgraded one or if the one in it is reaching the end of its life

Back