Failed dangerous

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
It was all going so well, onto the last stage of the test until I saw him twiddling with the wheel nuts on drivers side and I saw he took one off by hand! Wtf! Car had been worked in last week to get ready for nct and not driven since then I remember me and one of the lads in work were looking at the brakes last week, I did passenger side and he was on drivers side. The numpty must have forgotten to torque ghem down and was just as much to blame for not double checking.

So he said it failed the side slip test and he said it was down to a worn anti lift kit bushing, but upon inspection it looked fine to me. So my question is would the loose wheel cause the side slip test failure rather than the bushing. I plan to take the arm off to check the bushing tomorrow.

Lesson learned, don't rely on someone else to check ur nuts

I never had a dangerously failed on the NCT!

By the way does anyone have a lock nut key off those wheel nuts off the group buy from a few years back. I have lost mine in the last week and need to take them off.

I'm odc bout checking my nuts ????????

Seriously though any time my wheels come off I check there toqured to with in a inch of there life bout 4 times.

Ur lucky nothing happens on drive there ????

Say possibly didn't help the side slip test

Lesson learned ????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'd say it was the wheel

If you can imagine how much play it could cause I'd bet my house on it.

sure would recommend rechecking your nuts every time after someone adjusts them... ya know, to see if they still there?

I still have mine. My friend also has his up at his garage in fairview. Might be handier for you.

yeah it would have been funny seeing the wheel wobble off the hub while going through the test, but yeah lesson learned. If the car was still being driven every day, i would have noticed it, but the fact that its kept so close to the NCT place these days i was lucky it didn't come off while driving! Hopfeully the play in the wheel was the reason for the slip test failure ill get it re-tested once "I" torque all the wheels on properly :)

Check ur nuts daily lads and stay safe!

would you not experience a serious vibration in the steering wheel if the nuts/wheel was loose?
once happened to me and I felt it straight away after just had a new tires fitted and was driving into the nct center)

Back