Bonnet release question.

eliroche

I haven't driven the car in a few weeks and I went to drive it yesterday, said before I drive I'll check all fluids etc as ya do. Pulled the bonnet release on drivers side and bonnet didn't pop up like it normally does, but it pulled up easy by hand. The pull handle doesn't feel that tensioned and when I went to close the bonnet again it wouldn't catch all the way down, took a few attempts to get it stuck down and a bit more force than I would like! This kind of happened with the legacy I had aswell?
Is it a common thing and how do I fix it!!!!!
All help appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cable has either snaped or poped out of holding bracket or got snaged me and colm had lots of fun tracing cable and putting it back onna old astra i had bout a year ago.

I started with the cable pull release its self and went from there

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

My old hawk did it before think grease solved it
sign of a good reliable car doesn't get the bonnet opened much

Happy days, put some WD40 on it last night, gonna go out and check it now. It's never used a drop of oil or anything and doesn't get driven much this time of year so hopefully just gone a bit stiff!
Cheers lads.

Should I WD40 them aswell Baz??!!! That's what happened the last time!

Had the same issue with wagon... Old grease gets clogged with dirt and grit. Best to remove the whole thing and clean it off in tray of petrol with bristle brush. Then re-grease and re-fit. Job done.

Back