BOV and Flutter??

Doogie

Sunday Drivers
Got my Legacy back on the road and its running good and pulling strong but I had another Legacy B4 during the week with a HKS SSQV BOV and down low with small boost it would flutter and when driving hard you'd hear the BOV it also had a lot of induction noise which I thought was because it had an Apexi Filter but I installed the same BOV onto my Legacy and same Apexi Filter and no flutter or loud induction noises?? I don't care about the flutter I'm just wondering how is mine different? I have a boost gauge and first turbo is 10psi and second is 15psi is this right? The BOV seems to work down low revs which didn't in the other legacy it would flutter instead, is this the way it should be or should I hear The flutter and loud induction noises? I just want to make sure my Legacy is running right?

Shouldn't hear any pressure on boost. Other car sounds like BOV and/or wastegate issues or maybe even owner did it deliberately for the noise.

Very hard to diagnose over the forum .
davelegacy knows them very if you want to ask him.

it might be the bov opening to early, kind of flapping under pressure, or it also could be the turbo struggling to get enough air coming on boost, maybe a collapsed inlet pipe, or something totally different, hard to tell. Any vids of it?

The Bov is working perfect in my car I'm just wondering if I should here the flutter as the last legacy always fluttered on low revs where as mine you van hear the Bov opening slightly! I just wanted to know what causes the flutter usually?

Are the intakes different on both cars?
I reckon you're are just over reading into it.

Sounds like the one you had a lend of has a fake ssqv I had a fake one ha gave the same flutter and when swapped for a genuine one is would work at very low boost

Back