code 22

ALAN83

Hi All

Put my 2000 impreza gt turbo on computer last night as its been running very rough this week and engine light is on . Got a code 22 (the knock sensor) Tryed to clear it and it came back straight away . Any 1 any advice on where to get an original knock senor ?

Thanks

RSR /Dave or Caroll and Roche
torque on the sensor is 23nm iirc dont overtighten it
dont think they run rough from the knock sensor
have read of the odd car with code 22 turning out to being the MAF
Id be careful if it is as that is a weak point on them
dont push it on
maybe change the knock sensor see how you get on but again dont push it after installation

Thanks ,

Before i put it on computer i was thinking it was that . My e30 was running rough after sitting idle for a few years and i cleaned the mass airflow sensor as it was full of gunk and it ran perfect after that . Will try clean it on impreza today an see if there is any improvement or it might have to be replaced .

Update

Went out for some lunch at work and cars revs were jumping up and down with foot on the clutch in traffic then cut out :banghead: Started back up and got it back to work were it might stay till i get parts needed .

Really need this sorted asap as gf is due in 2 weeks .. the scoobies days would be numbered if she broke down on the way to hospital :icon_cry:

Is it not just a standard bosh knock sensor that you can pick up in motor factor ??
I got one for the phormula knock sensor a nosh one 40 quid would it be the same as or one ??

Is it not just a standard bosh knock sensor that you can pick up in motor factor ??
I got one for the phormula knock sensor a nosh one 40 quid would it be the same as or one ??
Made by JECS from Memory.

JDM company thats makes the ECU's for Subaru from 89-98.

Back