97 type r...........what the hell is this yoke???

brianp

Sunday Drivers
Well lads,

Question is this,recently every now and then the car decides suddenly to idle from higher then usual to low on tick over,
it wouldnt run on a consistent idle basically,every time this happens i noticed one thing it does when i switch her off,a clicking noise from this part in the pic,dont have a clue what it is and how it might effect the idle etc,any help appreciated cheers.

Attachments

• 2015-12-28 16.58.08.jpg
    2015-12-28 16.58.08.jpg
    598 KB · Views: 107
its the boost solenoid

dont know if it would make a difference to idle doh

The boost solenoid shouldn't be clicking when the engine turned off though. Try to reset ECU?

Have you checked the 2 pipes going to it to see if they are split or any pipe disconnected . Also it is it only when you turn it off that it clicks or when you turn the ignition on aswell . It could be just sticking But it's not normal for it to be clicking unless the green connecters are left pluged in under the dash .
The igniter for the spark plugs is just behind the 2 port aswell make sure the connecter is pluged in properly to it

Have you checked the 2 pipes going to it to see if they are split or any pipe disconnected . Also it is it only when you turn it off that it clicks or when you turn the ignition on aswell . It could be just sticking But it's not normal for it to be clicking unless the green connecters are left pluged in under the dash .
The igniter for the spark plugs is just behind the 2 port aswell make sure the connecter is pluged in properly to it

it only happens when i turn her off,never happens when starting,it also only happens when it starts idling funny,il check all the above and see how i go cheers

Back