I want a scooby

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Hi guys came across this site while looking for info on a B4. Basically looking at getting a new car and the legacy B4 caught my eye. I would like to get one as new as possible. I like the 03 onwards model. What are these like? Driving a 1999 Altezza at the moment and while i love it to bits, its just seriously lacking power(210bhp with 170ft l/bs) and i don't want to go adding a turbo or supercharger to it as it would not only cost a fortune, would make the car less reliable and harder to sell on.

I know they changed the models in 03 so im wondering is there any major performance differences between the pre 03 and newer shape. Also curious was the new shape B4 ever on sale from the dealer in Ireland or are they all jap imports. What fuel are they designed to run on? I presume 100 Ron fuel but just wanna double check. Can the factory ECU be remapped to a different fuel?

Sorry for all the questions, just really wanna do my research on my next car. i have loads more but ill ask them later! 8)

Cheers

Dan

give or take they are

wrx impreza in legacy shell
or sti impreza in legacy shell

older models were twin turbo..

never for sale in ireland

yes can be remapped for e5 and NF..

so the pre 03 ones are twin turbo ones? heard from a few people they were great cars. was looking the the b4 blitzen model? any use

[quote author=Renno link=topic=5246.msg58496#msg58496 date=1201734026]
Is that Dan with the Yellow Alteza ????
[/quote]

And does his mate have a yellow Celica????

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=5246.msg58486#msg58486 date=1201733323]

wrx impreza in legacy shell
or sti impreza in legacy shell

[/quote]
Do you mean by this that the new one(gt) is like the sti and the old one(b4) is like a wrx?

The newer shape is a single turbo...they are not as quick as the tt..less torque..but ovibously much nicer..the biltzen one is an auto..i wouldnt buy an auto but thats juts me some think it suits the car..I think its lazy and also heavier with less power..thats just my opinion before all the auto heads start crying

found a page with the new one I translated it from russian

http://translate.google.com/transla.../subaru/58/201/&langpair=ru|en&hl=EN&ie=UTF-8

It seesm to make the same power and torque..but if you look at the figures it makes its max torque at 2400 which is very low...be easy to shift around....it must have some turbo in it if it boosts from below 2000 makes max at 2400 and all the way to 7000..doesnt seem right to me..notice it has a higher compreesion ratio than the BE so it might be even worse on our fuel

Found some info on this site here there's a drop down menu at the top and it has a lot of different models for the legacy. :eek:mg:

yeah well i have the older b4 so no need to test drive that!!! gonna down to southside autos they have a couple of them down

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=5246.msg58617#msg58617 date=1201797241]
yeah well i have the older b4 so no need to test drive that!!! gonna down to southside autos they have a couple of them down
[/quote]

Make sure you give the car a good inspection, know someone that had a lot of trouble with an Altezza he bought from them. Is it the blue one or black ones on car zone?

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=5246.msg58647#msg58647 date=1201801721]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=5246.msg58617#msg58617 date=1201797241]
[/quote]

Make sure you give the car a good inspection, know someone that had a lot of trouble with an Altezza he bought from them. Is it the blue one or black ones on car zone?
[/quote]

none left

Back