Cutting out when cold?

AndrewH

Sunday Drivers
As soon as i joined this forum and said ive never had any trouble with my Legacy it was destined something would go wrong, the last couple of morning when id start the car it would start ok but as soon as i put my foot on the clutch it would cut out, as the car got a little warmer it would drop right down the revs but not cut out and then when fully warm it wont happen at all.
It happened once last week but put it down to it being freezing out!!

Any ideas?
Cheers
Andrew

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Idle control valve sticking?
A clean may help it
What year legacy and model is it

Whats the best cleaner for this? Or do they all so the same job?
Found this online is this procedure right?

Cheers
Andrew

888595919166a29ebcd84e4c37fef305.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

So my engine check light came on going to work today so done a scan and got the following code
7c9e47279ad5d018064c8494091fb2ca.jpg

Could this have anything to do with the problems i ask having? Even though the light only came on now?
Also noticed im getting bad mpg since this problem came about

Cheers
Lads

At this stage I'd say **** this sh*t and give the car to davelegacy he knows them inside out

Thats the plan but need it right now for work im off next week until the 11th of Jan so ill sort something out with Dave

Generic OBD readers aren't great. OK for giving rough guide or general area of what's wrong but can never pin point what the issue is. Definitely give it to someone who knows their stuff. You can write what Dave doesn't know on a post stamp tbh.

So the car threw the engine code again P0420 and cut the cruise control out and won't work while I've got CEL!!
Don't wanna be sieving spending money on parts that's not needed so will get it hooked up and scanned properly.
How much does this usually cost?

Cheers lads
37480f88cf234b190a4f1d3bbdef46cf.jpg

Just take it to a Subaru dealership or davelegacy at this stage. Don't go around driving it while limping.

Yeah will do, ill be looking for something new in a few months but want but running right until then

Back