Anyone gone from Bov (Vta) back to Oem

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
anyone have any issues?

thinking of it

Car mapped with Bov

I guessing the Maf and Ecu realise that's there's no longer Vta going on ..

Lots of contradicting info out there

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Think your just needs 1 proper bolt if I remember?

Fit the original back on and forget about the bullshit of being mapped for it, etc. For actual running the car, both are closed anyway, there is some amount of shite being spoken across the internet. The only time it vents is when you come off throttl/clutch in, both of which close the trottle body and vent pressurised air. The engine still gets unpressurised air through the intercooler either way. With recirc valves, the pressure gets released into the inlet but with its not like its filling a vacuum so its moves air that's already there, takes the path of least resistance back past the maf, hence why you get a big pssshhhh from induction kits

The people on the internet who believe putting a dump valve on will blow their engine are the same people changing their oil for anti-freeze during the winter in case the oil freezes up.

The only way a bov will affect your car running in any way, with or without maf, is if you buy a shitty ass chinese replica that leaks.

An understanding of how it and airflow works gives you all the information you need.

Cheers lads for input

@ Codders ill have a proper look through that later

Cheers

Agree with Robbie, my car had original on when mapped etc, I put the forge on for a while after, then changed it back to original after a while, made no odds to the car, only a noise! No way a tweak needed for that.

Back