valley of death!

B4 soon

Petrolheads
Just wondering if anyone had heard of the "valley of death" regarding the legacy B4? Just bought one but havent collected yet and found there was a noticable gap between the two turbos-I presume its because of the sequential set up-gas has to be diverted from first one before second one spins?

There is a gap between 4500-5000rpm but its to do with the ecu,i think a simple remap solves the problem but not 100% sure :ponder:

A re-map will make the VOD alot less noticable as the mapper will tighten the gap using computer withcraft!! Thats what happened with mine anyway!
I dont think the VOD ever completely dissapears without a single turbo conversion! Not 100% on this so open to correction..
Eli. :thumbsup:

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=5229.msg58337#msg58337 date=1201704927]
A re-map will make the VOD alot less noticable as the mapper will tighten the gap using computer withcraft!! Thats what happened with mine anyway!
I dont think the VOD ever completely dissapears without a single turbo conversion! Not 100% on this so open to correction..
Eli. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Yeah spot on The vod is actually controlled by the piping as well waits for a certain back pressure first turbo stops then spools both together..you can get a non sequential kit..but you wont boost untill 3000rpm but both boost together all the way to 7k..car pulls much better but i dont know how safe it is

I dont know about any of you guys but I never really notice it when accellerating from the first turbo through the VOD, but its really noticeable when you change gear and the revs drop straight into it. First time it happened to me i nearly sh!t myself, i thought i broke something :lol:

Back