Whats the best value clutch for a standard WRX Blob used as a daily driver?

Evobully

Petrolheads
Gents, My clutch has started to slip a little in 5 around the 3-5 k rev range when i press hard. I guessing its time for a new one. The question is what's the best option. I don't want to go crazy because money is a factor.I thought slightly better than OEM just in case I do some slight tuning. Its all pretty standard at the moment but I do push on every now and then around the lanes.
I was thinking about the Exedy pink box (stage 1).Opinions please
Also will I need to do anything with the flywheel like skimming or the like or should that be changed as well?

Thanks lads.

On a standard car or even on stage 1 tune an exedy oem replacement is absolutely perfect ???? no need for a pink box at that stage unless you like heavy launching.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Would you go blue box or Exedy. There's 30 sterling diffrence between the exedy standard @ 299 and the stage 1 @ 329 on scoobyworld. In that case its not worth the messing but a standard seems around 220 sterling. if youv'e got the thing out is it worth messing about for 100 quid?
Any recomendations where I can get a good deal closer to home? This is what they have,

http://scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=210

Sometimes a heavy launch is the only option.

Standard will be fine if you can afford to go pink I'd go pink .....nothing like a bit of pink :wazzup:

We sell blue box oem at €314.50 plus €7.95 delivery.

220gbp approx €324 plus uk delivery €20-25 minimum

Or pink box €494.50

Last edited:
Sorry as with above lads. Oem will be fine upto 330bhp on road.

And yes you should 110% get flywheel skimmed and balanced. And replace your rear crankshaft seal whilst there.

Flywheel bearing €17.50
Genuine Subaru Rear Crank Seal €22.50

go with oem with the change you can do alot like service all your fluids for example

I went for a Exedy pink box. I do a few track days etc, and have a larger turbo.
If my car was standard, i would of went standard oem clutch.

Are you going to keep your car standard?

Back