No boost

Mark Cahill

Full ISDC Members 2015Member Number 555
My car doesn't seem to be boosting right at all at the minute. I was coming home on the motorway earlier and the car was driving and boosting fine. Then i went to take off from the toll bridge and there was no primary boost at all. The boost gauge is still showing vacuum but it won't boost above 0. There was no strange noise and no CEL showing on the dash. I had a quick look in the engine bay to see if there was any obvious loose lines. The car is still driving and driving smooth, there is just no primary boost.

Anything in particular I can do myself to see what is the cause? Or what could my worst case scenario be?

Best case as Chris said a vacuum pipe , worst case primary has failed due to low oil pressure

If turbo has seized would have 0.0 bar pressure

If was vaccum would hear and have some sort of boost.

My advise would be not drive.

And check oil pressure asap.

Had a cat collapse in mine that caused simular problem . Car would drive normal and showed no cel but wouldn't boost at all .

That was uppipe one yes? Only a small cat in there. Not proper one. That stopped turbo from spinning.

No uppipe cats on b4.

That was uppipe one yes? Only a small cat in there. Not proper one. That stopped turbo from spinning.

No uppipe cats on b4.

Nope no cat on sti up pipe 2006 as far as I knew .

Primary cat blew on mine on restricted flow enough to prevent spool

I've a couple of days off later in the week so I'll take the intercooler and that off and check for any hoses or pipes off and just go checking from there. Hopefully it's not anything major at the minute but my gut feeling is that it's bad. I'll report back anything I find.

Back