iPhone 6s... VS ... Samsung S6 Edge

KENC

ISDC Club Member
I have been due an upgrade for a long time and herself now needs a phone so it's time for me to upgrade and give her the old one.

I currently have an iPhone 5, and had an ip4 before that..

I love the iPhone and being honest it's the only real experience I have of a good smart phone, I'm very familiar with it and like the simplicity of using it..

However, the pricing is just gone crazy on them, for me to upgrade now it's costing me €249 for the 16g.... But I can upgrade to the S6 edge for €49!!!!! Both on the same price plan and 24month contract..

The S6 edge is a beautifully finished phone and looks a million times better than the IPhone 6, that imo looks cheapish.

Straight away the S6 has 32gb compared to the 16g of ip6s... The screen is a small bit bigger, far better screen quality and camera quality...

I'm just worried will I like the S6 as I'm so used to Apple, the S6 edge also looks a bit more delicate and the screen looks a bit more vulnerable to damage, just also wondering will it be hard to get screen protectors or a case for the S6 Edge because of its screen..

Anyone have any input on this?

I went from Apple to HTC I was the same and for the first few weeks I was saying what have I done I'll never get the hand of this but now I'd never go back to Apple just do and you will never look back

Every smart phone I've had has been Samsung .

She's had all the apple htc Sony etc and not one has lasted as well as the Samsung . Always some issue or another with her phone .

I'd say go Samsung and give it a week or 2 to get the hang of it

Always had Samsung and changed to iPhone 5s this year sorry movers Samsung is a better phone imho :thumbsup:

I've the s6 edge a few weeks now and find it great. Had an s4 before this and 2 I phones before that, Samsung wins for me everytime!!

I have always had I phones since they came out, earlier in the year changed to the Samsung S5. Got an offer of an iPhone 6 and said why not. Used it for 5 days and went back to Samsung, currently on an S6 and would never go back to Apple.
Samsung will wreck your head for about 10 days, then you will wonder how you managed the apple stuff at all. No experience of the edge doh

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Very interesting how you lads have come from Apple to Samsung and would never go back, and those that left Samsung and went to Apple regret it..

I'm just afraid I won't like it and be stuck for 2yrs contract with it.. But the Samsung S6 seems to be the no brainier decision for spec over the ip6 and for €200 less

Last edited:
Had Samsung S1 S3 S5 currently also had a iphone 4s

Samsung every time wouldn't consider a iphone

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

HTC all the way if you have an option. HTC M8s or M9. Much better feeling in the hand. Pretty tailored menus.
Had 4 or more HTC by now.
Own also iPhone 5s - for work. Have nothing against it, as you said easy to use and solid.
As for Samsung - hate cheap feeling of them in hand. We use S5 mini and S4 mini at work - everyone of them is hated pretty much. For flagships S6 and such - still cheap plastic feel.
My opinion might sound bios, but I don't feel like it as genuinely think HTC better built, HTC Sense is magic.
Android is always above in terms of customization, but if you don't do much with phone and only call, text, browse iPhone is option too.
Go HTC! :)

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Had all the samsungs S12345.

And would have nornally gone S6. Was due upgrade in may.

But it has a in built battery. And i just cant do it. As so used to having 2-3 spare batteries fully charged.

Will go S7 if they go removable battery again.

Other current option is LG G4. Same specs as S5 though give or take.

uploadfromtaptalk1446373303252.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446373314161.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1446373303252.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1446373303252.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 75
  • uploadfromtaptalk1446373314161.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1446373314161.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 75
I was looking at the HTC, but being honest it didn't stand out to me really, saying that the normal S6 wouldn't stand out either, it's the S6 edge that really caught my eye.

Battery isn't a concern for me as I've come from iPhone so am used to the 1 battery, however I have heard plenty of of long time Samsung users talk about moving from them over the new battery layout.

The S6 edge does look a bit more fragile compared to the normal s6 and iPhone..

And I have to say, I find Apples phone replacement instead of repair great and I have used it a few times.

Have used iPhones since they came out. I have used Samsung and HTC before but didn't like the feeling. I am used to Apple synchronising with everything I do. I use an iMac daily, save stuff on there and can continue on from what I've done on my 6 Plus later. I like the styling of the iPhone. Simplistic and functional.

Some people go mad on how great the camera quality is but I am not too concerned about how great cameras are on phones. Handy for doing little bits but not for taking professional photos by any means. As for battery, I've friends who constantly complain about their iPhones battery but to be honest, they never put the damn phone down for 5 minutes so no wonder the battery drains. I can get a solid 2 days out of my 6. At the end of the day, you won't know what you like until you try it.

my sister has the new s6 edge and it actually feels like a toy way too small. I have been android for years and the amount of people that i know have converted to android over the last year or two is crazy.

Apple has its little ecosystem so if you are not very technically inclined its a safe bet, but for pure functionality and specs, android all the way! You can also consider the Nexus 5x or 6P but you cant get them on a bill plan. Carrier restrictions are also a pain in the ass

my sister has the new s6 edge and it actually feels like a toy way too small. I have been android for years and the amount of people that i know have converted to android over the last year or two is crazy.

Apple has its little ecosystem so if you are not very technically inclined its a safe bet, but for pure functionality and specs, android all the way! You can also consider the Nexus 5x or 6P but you cant get them on a bill plan. Carrier restrictions are also a pain in the ass

I find the iPhone very streamlined in the sense that most things whether it's send an email, attach an image, upload a pic etc etc are usually only 2-3 taps and job is done, I haven't used android on a phone only on tablet and the little I used it I would think thinks are not as easy and fast to do... But maybe when you get used to android it's the same as the Apple

Attachments

• bay 2.jpg
    bay 2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Side 2.jpg
    Side 2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Dave Lewis pipe work.jpg
    Dave Lewis pipe work.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 121
Ken use the android for a while then try using an apple product and you will be pulling your hair out. It's mad.... I've used apple for years, switched to android Samsung in particular, and I have to really think about it every time I use the ipad at home

If we were all honest I think having sense and owning an Impreza do not go hand in hand :) lol
Agreed it's like been 5ft tall 20 stone and ordering a diet coke with your supersized big Mac meal

Back