6 speed gearbox

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i was hopeing it would take more than that :eek:mg: :smokin:

:thumbsup:

[quote author=evoman link=topic=5207.msg57941#msg57941 date=1201556572]
Thanks renno, i was hopeing it would take a bit more than that.
[/quote]

Well there are plenty people running over 500 on them and some long term and some not so long term but you really would be much better off with a 5 speed and PPG gear kit. Esp if your going to be using it on track, the 6 speed isent as good at all. Do it once and do it right I say.

Damo

Please excuse my ignorance but curiosity got the better of me....

Whats PPG??? :dunno:

And why 5 gears rather than 6?? :ponder:

PPG (Pfitzner Performance Gearbox) basically they make gear boxes
for race, rally , fast road etc....
They use differn't tooth profiles for a stronger but nosier box ........

Why 5 over 6 ........... i suppose the less gears on a track the better :dunno:

Niall.

Thats it Niall, For fast road the 6 speed isent so bad but id get a forrester one or a UK one for the lobger ratios. But once you have the increased power the ratios it will spend as much time changing gear as you do in it which isent ideal for track or drag.

[quote author=STI Brian link=topic=5207.msg57949#msg57949 date=1201557319]
What you planning evoman[quote author=STI Brian link=topic=5207.msg57949#msg57949 date=1201557319]
What you planning evoman?
[/quote]Im looking at 600 hp at the moment, all going well.

I will shortly but at the moment im still have not decided on the full spec. Things are being chopped and changed a lot at present including the car for the build. As soon as everything is finalised i will get the thread up including some photos. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a good one mate, hope she goes well for you - as the boys said get photos up once ya get started :thumbsup:

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=5207.msg58154#msg58154 date=1201637735]
As the lads said ppg do the job once :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Are the ppg boxes hard to drive I heard you have to really revs when down shifting ie heal and toe style.

Back