New tyres for the bug

DaveSleggy

So lads i am in need of a set of 225/40/18 for my sti. I am on a budget as i need a map and a few other bits, and i know tyres are the last place to be skimping on the spend but im not able to spent the types of money on new tyres that i would like to.

My questions is where do you guys usually get your rubber, iv had part worns on all my cars so far and never had a problem apart from picking up the odd nail. But i know some people are massivly against and think theyre false ecomony. plus a matching set is like hens teeth

I would really like to keep the total spend to under 300, or closer to 200 (wishful thinking)

Ideas. suggestions?

I

Lassa are a very good budget tyre made by Bridgestone but still around 80/100 a corner as there 18"

The other thing I was considering was getting a original set of 17" gold alloys and selling the rotas

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I got Toto t1r for 70 a corner now I know they were 15" but I don't think the 18 were that much more maybe 20 quid

Put on good tyres before you go down the route of mapping the car. Whats the point of all the power under your right foot with bad tyres.

Id be looking at 500 minimum if I was putting tyres on it. As said above with the kumho i can vouch for these. Have them on my 535d and can handle the torque no problem and the grip is excellent in the wet and dry.

I have always had kumho 's on other cars foun d them a good tyre for the money

Back