Urgent help

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Car cut out on the way home weird idle and afr and now won't start. Smell of oil coming from engine bay as I try to start it.

Just managed to pull into the front of my apartments but can't move it. Any ideas?

Wasn't driving hard on the way home at all.

Pull bonnet check for leaks Dan. Oil on up pipe or something simple

Got it started. But it won't stay going. Very strong smell off fuel and thick smoke. . cel on now. How do I check error code without connecting to ECU with laptop?

Still cant figure out to how to pull the code. So had another look, no leaks from engine bay area, leak from downpipe to center section, could be fuel maybe, also with ignition on AFR gauge sits at about 8.2, oil pressure is at about .6bar with.

Could the engine be flooded somehow? early today i was connecting up a new amplifier and speakers but i drive 98% of the way home with no issues so i dont think it has anything to do with that. I'll try setup my other windows laptop and check the ecu

Is tmic pipework original.

Hole in it.

Or fuel in line filter blown top o ring

Ok so i managed to pull the codes and reset the ecu. tried to start the engine and it was trying to start then a loud bang so i stopped.

TMIC is process west and is on solid, silicone hoses

Error codes:
p0132
p0261

Cleared the codes and they are not coming back, but car still wont start and strong smell of fuel from engine bay

Quick google search points to
injector problem
injector wiring
injector stuck open

Could be flooded now id say

did you have the battery disconected when fitting the amp
what did you wire it to just the battery directly
is it grounded correctly

Amp was grounded to point on the transmission tunnel near the handbrake, i was getting some interference through one speaker so i turned off the headunit on the way home. Amp is powered off the battery.

Amp is now disconnected totally from the car now.

Battery actually wasn't disconnected while i connected up the amp. Connected earth first, then power.

It will be very hard to bring it anywhere to get it checked, -2 in an underground car park :) with low clearance and stupid tight ramps!

If its flooded, whats the best fix? Ill go down now and check all the injector and sensor connections, coil packs etc

Last edited:
Got it started this morning but running horribly smokey. If I disconnect injector one it seems to run a bit leaner so maybe fault is injector 1 or the coilpacks there. Get it towed over to Larkin automotive to root cause the problem.

Never wire a amplifier without disconnecting battery
not sure what but must have caused electrical damage maybe
Or just coincidence
hope you get it sorted handy enough :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ciaran is a good bloke should have it up and running in no time

Last edited:
I doubt it fried the ecu, i disconnected injector 1 and it ran better and worse when i reconnected it, so hopefully its injector or coilpack maybe. I have a spare ecu i think anyway if i ****ed thing up that much with an amp!

Back