Grease removal help needed

Zigster

so been washing soaping, tried with a few different things, to get my new car clean, however there seems to be a lot of stains left from kids fingers could seam like they have been having some sort of lotion or creme on their hands, any ideas on how to remove this so I can get the car polished up.

thanks

Far as I know it never comes out bar repaint

One of the most difficult stains to remove

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's from suncream
It would need to be sanded and polished by a professional. It's very easy to make a mess of it so wouldn't be a DIY thing

It's from suncream
It would need to be sanded and polished by a professional. It's very easy to make a mess of it so wouldn't be a DIY thing
Even that might not get it out friend has his car repainted and they came back though fresh paint.

To say he was unhappy would be a understatement 40k car 1 year old

I've heard of people who used a new, soft rubber eraser.

WD40.

AutoGlym paint renovator.

Not sure myself. I've a couple on the Audi and nothing took them off. The oils in the cream just soak in to the paint. The longer it's left, the more it sinks in.

I've tried the WD40, clay bar, Chemical Guys Grime Reaper. Even tried a glue and fall out remover and no luck, they're still there. It'll be a chemical/binding process to pull it out as opposed to physical.

Diesel Tom maybe able to put you straight on a few things here, he does paint restoration at his work.

It maybe a "simple" chemical thing or a lot more complex,

personally I think it is going to be very difficult to remove

I had sun lotion hand prints on my t5 before. I gave the car a compound and got rid of all the hand prints. Sometimes you might have to hit it with 2000 wet sand then compound it but usually a good compound will do it. Use a machine compounder

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Always wonders what those marks were on cars, never would have thought of sun cream

One of the lads in work used an orange and two types of rubber erasers.
It worked perfectly.
Some YouTube video on it if you look.

Was at a job today and the house owner had a black s class 151 reg . Darling kids hand prints all over it . Cringe worthy .

I'm gonna smear factor 50 all over me hole and sit on the bonnet of me neighbours new black car

It will be back
Have one on a bmw here silver can't get rid of it it will polish out but a few weeks later it's back b@stars of a yoke

Yup I've seen it come back though a respray too

Extremely anyone

Yup I've seen it come back though a respray too

Extremely anyone

hmm might just get the whole car wrapped then when all the body parts are replaced anyway then I dont have to care much about matching color when finding them

Back