After market radio fitting - 2004 Wagon

Zigster

Looking for some advice as this is giving me a headache.

seems that the aftermarket radio is giving me some trouble, after fitting it I cant push back on the front panel the radio seem to be wider than, what the standard Subaru radio I took out is, anyone else seen this? or is it just my cheap aftermarket radio that is the problem?

thanks

Last edited:
Maybe post a picture of what is going on (show side of radio and dash trim to see how much or little clearance)

Some radios have trim pieces on the sides (about 5-10mm wide) that can be taken off to accommodate narrower fitting dash, others don't.

I've had three Subarus, each with after market radios fitted without issue.

The trim is provided incase you are surface mounting the stereo, but you need to mount it behind the facia so you don't need the frame.. It all standard size fitment so unless you have bought it from North Korea or Cuba you should be ok lol

tried that it is the outer black trim from the actual unit there is a few mm to big when you the front panel on again as in it actually wont fit the panel, i can try to take a picture tomorrow

Pics would be a help, measure your fascia opening and the outer size of radio face... are you fitting the radio into a sleeve that came with it or is it bolted in? I presume it's bolted in, you may be able to set it back further into the dash by using different holes

Take a pic, need to know what I'm looking at. I know with my pioneer, my friend had to get a fascia plate where as I was fine.

Back