2002 Legacy GTB - Boost Problem - Need help

Ivor

1: Subaru legacy
2. Model Year: 2002
3. Model shape: Estate
4. Model type: GT-B
5. Version: Revision D - ETune
6. Model Origin JDM

Lads - need some help. I had a petrol leak on my GTB, left it in with garage and when it came back fixed the turbo was only boosting to 0.5 bar on both primary and secondary. Beforehand it was hitting 0.7 and 1.0 bar. After many trips back to the garage to get them to fix it and put it back the way it was, the best they have been able to do is get the primary back boosting at 0.7 bar, with secondary only about 0.6 and loads of turbo hesitation between changeover - more than usual VOD issue. They found a blockage on one of the restrictor pill lines after I had sent them diagrams and vaccum map. They are telling me it's all cabled up right, that there are no other vacuum issues and they don;t know what to do anymore. There are no fault codes either. Looking for someone who is familiar enough with these engines that can see if they have cabled something up wrong as they were changing stuff around and who can advise what to do next!! any help appreciated. Im based in wicklow and or dublin so needs to be close to there.

Ok.

Well a petrol leak has nothing to do with. Although will ask where was it from.

And re a blockage of a vacuum line? Of what?

one of the petrol lines at front of the engine block was leaking and giving off fumes inside car. the garage stripped back the manifold and replaced 2 or 3 hoses to fix it.

i sent them a diagram of all the restrictor pill locations and the blockage they found was on one of the hoses with the restrictor pill where the small opening inside it had a bit of dirt in it.

restrictor pills are all in place - they checked that using the diagram i had

seems like it's vacuum plumbing, but they are struggling to resolve it.

any idea is there anyone on this site who knows these engines well enough to try and sort it?

@davelegacy - have you a wiring diagram for the Rev D etune model or pictures of the vacuum setup so i can give to the garage. the ones i found seemed to be almost right but i think were for rev a-c

or
is this something you could look at potentially?

Back