Legacy GT wont start.

PADDYHACK

Hi All,
Complete newbie to ISDC so for give me if im posting in the wrong place,

I bought a 02 Legacy GT automatic with an EJ206 engine with a major hole in the block last year, have worked on Imprezas in the past so thought it would be a nice project for the evenings, i got an engine from JDM Distro, it was just a bare block and heads so i had to transfer over all my own turbos and inlet manifold, i have done the timing, put in new plugs, engine now back in and is turning, fuel pump primes and i have petrol at the manifold, i just dont seem to be getting any spark, i have swapped over crank sensor from old engine, and can see the input from the crank sensor and cam sensor on the autodata computer, any pearls of wisdom are greatly appreciated,
the ignition key has a lock and unlock buttons which open and close the locks fine, does this car have an immobiliser, could this be the problem.

Hi Dave,
No the pulleys are the ones that came with the engine from JDM distro and have not being removed.

Ill certainly try that, I assume you mean all four cam pulleys and the crank pulley,
I don't know year of the new engine, the engine code on it is Ej206DXAKE-0DA 571104 BF10.

Attachments

• IMG_20150903_123859[1].jpg
    IMG_20150903_123859[1].jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 72
Hi Dave, i changed out the pulleys as you said and straight away i got spark, however the engine will fire up for a second and cut out straight away, it will hardly fire up atall if i press the accelerator while starting.
The petrol tank i nearly at the bottom and the petrol in it has being there almost a year and a half, could fuel quality be the issue.

Currently i do not have the alternator belts or pulley on, i haven't connected the exhausts or the intercooler or filled with coolant,but i dont think any of these should prevent it from starting.

So i drained out what was left in fuel tank, and suctioned out the return line and the manifold pipework, fresh fuel in and got it flowing out on return line, still the same result will fire up and die out straight away,
Could it be the fuel pump isn't fit to maintain pressure, im going to put a gauge in line to measure the fuel pressure, any idea what pressure i should be getting in the line.

P.s. sorry if i wrecking your head with this.

The top line is the supply.
The middle the return.
The bottom the evap.

82eddfbb319ed153afa8b30267c1c6eb.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Ya pressure gauge on supply line after regulator, getting around 2.5 bar (35psi), just wanted to verify fuel pump was building pressure.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Back