petrol smell off engine oil

JOHNNY T

ISDC Club Member
so i checked the oil in the RS today and i got a slight smell of petrol off of it, dipped the stick again and rubbed the oil between my fingers and got a strong smell of petrol, am i up sh*t creek or what:dontknow:
i changed the oil and filter in april when i got it back and have put about five miles on it since, its started and left idle for ten minutes or so every saturday...read online that it could be a leaking injector or a gasket:dontknow: anyone have something similar happen with any of yere rides?
also its probably been of the road now for nearly five years id say...

Start with a compression and leak down test and go from there I suppose? Hopefully it's something small and niggly!

hopefully something small alright bonito gonna get someone out to look at it during the week:mechanic:
if its something major ill just have to get it rebuilt:subaru:

havent thought about it keith but probably a full rebuild with a new TD05 and whatever else is needed, bigger injectors fuel pump etc.. would like to keep the chargecooler though not a fan of the front mounts or wrx/sti top mounts on the classic legacys...so probably around 260-280ish

Last edited:
havent a clue probably more to be had out of it but im not worried about how many horses it has really

is the car running rough? Cold start going off when she heats up?

It runs fine starts up and idles fine every time, the center and rear section of the exhaust was red rotten alright so I cut it of and theres just the downpipe fitted at the moment

Back