New built engine

97typer

Sunday Drivers
Hi. Ive rebuilt my engine. All Fordged parts and acl bearings ect. Im in the middle of running in the car. I nearly have 500miles on her changing oil frequently. Ive two main questions, all opinions welcome. Some people say 1000 miles to run her in, is that enough? Ive read online and some people say 3000, and when is a good time to start bringing up the revs abit?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

500-1000 miles is loads if it's not ok after that it's never goin to be, also from a personal opinion I change the oil every 250 while running in, but everyone differs on running in engines

wagon dec

Great thanks. I changed it after a base map and again at 300. I will change it regularly. I presume u stop using mineral oils after the 1000 mark

Ya that was the plan. Ive stocked up on loads of oil and filters so should be good for a while thanks. Ive going up to 3k rpm max 3500 under no to small boost. Bring her through all the gears up and down using the engine break. Should I wait for the 1000mile mark to bring her up in the revs?

1000 is plenty
Don't go to easy on it for too long start to give it some load now

There's no 1 anser really . Everyone has differant running in methods . After doing a new engine build recently I done 2000 miles run in with With 8/9 oil changes with mineral oil .
Keeping the revs low at the start 2500 and building them up As the miles increase also varying the loads on the engine But at all times running just actuator Pressure .
To be honest if the rings are not bed in by 1000/2000 miles there never going to be bed in 5000 miles is not going to do it either :thumb:

Thanks lads. I think im on the right track so far so. Ive been doin what ye recommend so far. Just cant wait to bring it back for the main mapp and see how many horses are running

Don't get too caught up in figures As a to be honest it's a pointless numbers game :thumb::thumb:anything around standard power is more that enough on any backroad :thumb:

I wouldn't be on too many back roads. Im lucky enough to have mediocre roads here. Saying that u dont have to stray too fat to find a pot hole or a hump that will land u across the road. Im hoping for around 380, running it with a sc40 and alkatec

Ya for the moment. Talkin to angus in galway he said I could have the second map on high octane and normal juice for the first map. If they still sold e85 down here I could go that route. Ive upgraded rails and all that. But they stopped selling it local

:thumb:Ye it's very hard to make big power on standard fuel Now days Sounds like a nice build :thumb::thumb:

Ya I put alot of money and time in it. Done alot of work myself. Ill post a pick of the engine. Doesn't look special. Ive tidied it up since too

I tidied it up since this photo. Only regret is I didn't paint the manifold while I had it off. I still can but I was just mad to get it running well rather that looking the part

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1440329482517.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1440329482517.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 65
  • uploadfromtaptalk1440329567958.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1440329567958.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
380 on standard 95 I dont think is possible and trying to run 2 map for 2 seperate fuels if its primarily a road car is a waste of time in my opinion. If you plan on doing alot of track work and you can garantee the last tank of 95 is completely flushed out that would b ok.

Water injection I think is the only way here to get as near good figures as uk lads .

Can I ask what radiator that is and how you managed to fit the standard fans and clear the front mount pipework?

Back