Legacy b4 big end and crankshaft are F#*#ed ... advice needed..

garethmac600

Petrolheads
So as above the dreaded big end finally found its way to me!
have decided with going for a donor legacy, have one sourced with a newly rebuilt engine, so planning to buy that and swap all the better bits onto my own, my car is a jap import rsk manual TT.... the donor car is a Jap import auto TT will there be any problems using my own gear box in place of the auto? and any other difficulties i might be over looking here?
Not really looking for advice on what to do with the car, as i am not selling it for parts, its simply too clean to break and dont want to do an sti swap or anything like that. this option is cheaper and more benaficial than rebuilding my own block also.

Could fail as soon as you put it in
And your back to square 1
Think this has happened a few times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

engine is freshly rebuilt and I know who did the rebuild, same person id be using, so I can't see there being anymore risk than if I had my own rebuilt?

I'm aware rebuilds can go straight away, the buddys lasted 4 weeks and went in his sti, and subaru dealer had done the rebuild. car has around 7000km's since the rebuild, and its a cheaper than a rebuild of my own engine. gonna be risk no matter what I do really.

Just use everything already in your car for manual setup like clutch, flywheel, etc, and thats it:))

Hard luck but sounds like you've at least fallen on your feet with the new build.

Cheers rob just wanted to be 100% all my own running gear would work ok ! :)
Ya got lucky with it, good timing! Every cloud... I guess. Ha

In an unusual turn of events I'm now swapping out the b4 twin turbo engine and fitting a classic sti type r single turbo engine.... Should be a ''fun'' few weeks

Back