ICV Question

thescotsman

Sunday Drivers
Does everyone's ICV look like this inside the coil with the chemical metal on the top or has mine been gunthered with?? Icv is from a v2 wrx. Thanks in advance.

Yep mines the same

Thanks for that Baz. Tried giving it a clean & I didn't get much out of it, don't think it was jamming anyway. Car is a bit lumpy & jerky down low off boost sometimes. The 1 way valve between the icv & the manifold was pretty dirty though.

It could be the motor and not the valve .
Plugs fresh ?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I spotted a little hairline crack in it when I had it off so I think that's the next thing to try. Plugs are good, haven't a lot done, denso iridiums. Might take them out & give them a clean.

Where would be a good place to pick up a motor? Looked online & there doesn't seem to be a lot of them about!

Lads are going to says his is shite but ngk plugs seem to perform better in subarus. But again it's not conclusive :thumb::thumb:

Lads are going to says his is shite but ngk plugs seem to perform better in subarus. But again it's not conclusive :thumb::thumb:

Yeah I normally would put ngk's in everything here, we've 3 jap cars in the driveway. I just stuck the densos in because they were what I could get at the time & the car was needing a service. I'd be surprised if it's the cause but I'll pick up a set of ngk's next time I'm servicing it and see, it's due 1 soon. What heat range iridiums normally go in a standard wrx, 6's I'd imagine? 7's would probably be too cold.

Back