Fresh paint job aftercare

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Lads I'm looking for best methods/products to keep my fresh paint job looking tip top for as long as possible. I'm looking for best products to use etc, do's and don'ts for proper paint care. I was never really up to speed with it and just got lazy after a few years. Any recommendations and where to get products would be welcomed!

A lot of products out there Dan but go with what your budget is.

Cleanyourcar.co.uk is great for getting all kinds of products from low budget up to high budget.

Leave your new paint on the car to air out for a few months before adding any protection.

I use chemical guys jet seal and chemical guys Petes 53 wax over it and have to say it protects and makes the car look top notch.

Thanks for the link Keith, i think i have bought stuff form them before. Im not looking to buy the best of the best stuff, Just have the correct products to keep the paint in good order. I might leave it in to Elite Auto Clean or similar instead and get it done professionally the first time and maintain it myself after that

Just spent a while there putting together a list on cleanyourcar.co.uk

upto 180 euro so far! It all adds up quickly!

It sure does Dan but stock up right and you won't need to for a good while down the road.

What you have in the basket.

Between cleanyourcar and detailingshed I've spent a silly amount in the last 6 months. Gets a little addictive once you start.

It sure does Dan but stock up right and you won't need to for a good while down the road.

What you have in the basket.
Seems like i picked a lot of Chemical Guys stuff!

List is currently at:

Chemical Guys - Maxi Suds II
Eurow - Ultra Plush Micro-Noodle Wash Mitt
CleanYourCar Huge 'Fluffy' Drying Towel
Chemical Guys - Jet Seal 109
Chemical Guys - Pete's 53 Paste Wax
Chemical Guys - Synthetic Quick Detailer
CarPro - Iron X 500ml
Pink - Ultra Fine Buffing Towels Pkg/2
Monster Microfibre - Purple Monster Pkg/3
Soft Edge Tri-Applicators (Pkg/3)
Leather Cleaning Brush
Blue Perl Microfibre Applicator Pads Pkg/2

Nice list Dan. If they have the gtechniq wash mitt in stock go for that one instead.

It's pure luxury for the car.

Addictive indeed. I had to buy a steel 6x4 shed to put all my gear into.

Nice list Dan. If they have the gtechniq wash mitt in stock go for that one instead.

It's pure luxury for the car.

Addictive indeed. I had to buy a steel 6x4 shed to put all my gear into.

I dont see them listing that gtechniq one on clean your car. I have a lambswool one already was jsut gonna try the Euro microfiber one as a second one for the lower parts of the car.

Not sure where i could fit a 6x4 shed in my apartment! Not the best setup to be trying to wash and polish your car nicely

Back