Prepare for mapping what oil better to use?

Federal

Petrolheads
Bit confused. Getting ready bring car for mapping. planing change oil. And hearing different opinions.
Car has 11mm oil pump
Now running in car millers xf longlife eco 5w30. Oil pressure at idle 850rpm when hot around 2.3bar
Some people advise go bit for heavier oil like 5w40. Had this earlier in car oil pressure was around 2.7bar when hot
Some others saying go for very heavy oil like 10w50 or 15w50. But my pressure would very high.

What oil weight to go for mapping?

PS.my idle speed is 850rpm far as I know factory set idle is 600rpm

Maybe 10w40 even motul 300 with the warmer weather .
It's really up to you , if your happy running the 5w40 and good oil pressure when hot keep using it . The minimum I'd put in is 10w40 but everyone has a different preference and use for the car so do your own thing .

not sure what to do. fairly happy with 5w30 but not pushing car. in same way afraid that 5w30 wont cope with heat had 5w40 oil pressure kinda high but my idle rpm set higher then standard

Oil gauge is incorrect. But values which I stated was checked with mechanical gauge.
Was thinking use again 5w40 shell helix which would be very similar to motul 300v 5w40

Iv always driven my cars hard and only ever used either Mobil 5w30 or castrol 5w30 never an issue the issue with scoobies I think is interval I always change oil and filter at 5k

wagon dec

Back