DSLR Camera

Mark Cahill

Full ISDC Members 2015Member Number 555
I know there are a few on here that are into cameras so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. The other half is looking to get some sort of DSLR, so which would be the best entry level camera to pick up these days. She would be a photography novice. :thumb:

What's her budget mark and is she going to use it for any line of work or just to have a decent camera for outings etc.

I've had a couple of cameras over the years but I'm no pro when it comes to them so i just buy a decent brand with what budget I can afford at the time.

A few lads will be better at answering your question if you can tell us the details in my above question as I know there is different cameras for different kind of photography.

Budget would be €400/€500 but could go higher if needs be. She won't be using it for anything other than a few outings and looking at photography as a hobby.

Would probably say nikon d3300.

Whats is it looking to photograph.

Think comes with 18-55mm lens.

A 18-105mm second will be great addition.

Or a second hand sigma 70-300mm then after that for all areas interest like wildlife etc.

All in all with new and then x2 lens second hand be at about €850

But start with the 18-55 d3300 package

no point in getting a 18-105 if your kit lens is already 18-55. Best to get a 55-200 or 70-300 as Dave mentioned try get the models with stabilisation built in. But just start out with the kit and see how you get on with that.

Back