just to say hello

S

scoobymad

;)just want to say hello to every body. I find the site very usefull.

@ mick
He drives a scooby!! :D
@ scooby mad
Get some pics up man! :thumbsup:
Dan

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. Im currently not driving a scooby actualy as i sadly crashed it before christmas. I am however in the process of transplanting the whole 4 wheel drive system, engine,gearbox, breaks , wiring loom and ecu into a standard 1.6 shell. A whole lot of work don't reckon its worth it :dunno: :dunno:

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
And let us know how you get on!
Dan

welcome along, just a quickie, is the 1.6 chassis the same strength as a wrx / sti :dunno:

:thumbsup:

I thaught that it would be completely different, but the bolt holes that are in the wrx are in the 1.6 just with plastic caps over them.The two shells are identical when completely stripped, as for the strenght issue the wrx has a much larger and stronger subframe in the rear and also under the gearbox with an additional bar behind the rear seat including stronger antiroll bars but like i said above all this bolts directly onto the 1.6 shell.

Thanks. i will get some pics up soon. I have the 4 wheel drive system in now and i am changing the wiring harness at present, next is the engine. Yes alot of work especially when i'm only doing it in the evenings. I would'ent recommend it :noway:.

Back