The Old Chestnut what pads to buy??

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
Tryed Cl Rc5 + never again really noisey loads of dust and eats disks for snacks [emoji12]

Ran Yellows the last while and I know they get stick from some but was very happy good bite (when warm)

On Mondello they coped very well no faid were grumbling a little towards the end but quite happy

Since track day though brakes haven't been up to scratch lost that instant bite and just slows the car

After closer inspection found ...

They gotta go

Ds2500 most say are the best but at 200 gbp bloody expensive any other thoughts

Cheersuploadfromtaptalk1432468689034.jpg
404f0e4faa92edf307f01d984931908b.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1432468689034.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432468689034.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Ds 2500
Not much experience with others but thanks to Joe, running on them for last year, still plenty left and they are great. Working perfect when cold, even better when warmed.
Have ebc redstuff at back and cant complain, but ask other how ds will work with grooved discs, as mine are not :)

Cheers but

At 280 euro for the 4 pot ds 2500 that's fooken mentol I can see how they are the best ????

Anyway everyone knows ur more of a drifter ????????????

Have mintex front and rears there in a box to get through but intrested in people experience with other good quality pads

Last edited:
280 is mentol :)
Drifter you said? I heared about you that you are polisher <poke> type of driver with mocrofibre cloth on one hand all the time :)
Anyway, looking to see others opinion about pads as soon before autumn I think, I will have to change them.

DS2500 best all-rounder and able for grooves, but yeah that price isn't nice.

Currently have yellows that are fine on normal discs. I like the Pagid Blues for daily road car, but no idea how they deal with grooves. Seeing they have better cold grip than the yellows I would say they are bit softer and not designed for trackday heat, but great for street use.

Would you consider trying the new Blue ones from EBC - they're supposed to be an improvement over the yellows? Anyone here running them?

Brembo do a sport uprated pad too which they sell with their grooved discs so you'd think they'd be able for the grooves.

Other option is to have two sets... one for daily and one for track.
That way can get a noisy high grip good wear one for the track and normal cheaper pad for the road.

Bluestuff are shite iv tried them, all that's wrong in the above picture is the pads are after being overheated,if I were you I'd get another set of yellowstuff and use them less on track you have to realise it was your first time on track in that car so you were nervous about lines braking points etc next time your out you won't be as nervous and can concentrate on braking points and don't stay out as long it will be grand

wagon dec

I done this to my red stuff and yellow stuff first 2 times out in Mondello. (Exact same).
I learned not to stay out for long. (With lads advice).
Do 3/4 laps then come in and give car break for 15/20 Mins.
Also as Dec Said ya get more confident with speed and braking after a few times.
Had C.l's last track day. (Too much dust and squeak, but great stopping power).
Was on Ds2500 for training and will be using same again for nurburgring and isdc Trackday.
But they are not cheap €280 delivered last time i got a set off Camskill.
Hope to get cheaper this time.

Feroda Ds2500 all day long, two trackdays and daily driver for nearly a year and still loads left in them, and I presume Shane is still on same pads since he bought the car from me, there expensive but great, bought them from camskill too, every now and then they do special on them so keep an eye out

if you want the best of both worlds ds2500 is what i've found to be the best, endless is also a good option. cl5 or cl6 great track pad, but rattle in caliper until warm and as said are nasty to wheels and discs. don't forget your stopping a heavy car with not so big brakes and zero cooling to them. 15mins is the lenght of a race, 25mins is too long in one stint on a road car, do you have an oil temp gauge?

Last edited:
Cheers lads I've a set of mintex there to go in for now think I'll get the ds2500 alright everyone can't be wrong

@RS RA yes I'm aware I stayed out to long and no oil temp gauge

Back