smileys etc on the new forum

JOHNNY T

ISDC Club Member
how do I post smileys and that when im posting a reply to a post etc?
all I can see is the 14 icons under the reply box thing and when I click on one they popst as at the top of the post...im baffled....

Open that box with the few smileys... at the bottom there's a MORE button... opens another window with loads of them. Some new ones and some missing from before, but plenty of them all the same. Just make sure you allow pop-ups for the site though as else might not open the window for you. Double click one to insert and will place wherever you left the cursor in the original message.

See below for some screenshots how to get to what I mentioned earlier :thumb::xmas_clap::party::paddy-smiley3:

1. hit reply / start a post, put cursor at the position in text where you want a smiley and click on the smiley button in the menu bar as per this screenshot. ISDC reply with emoticons1.JPG

2. select one of the 10-odd there in the pop-up frame, or... select the MORE button as per screenshot to open a new browser window with a big list (make sure you are not blocking pop ups and might need to white-list our site in your browser settings).

ISDC reply with emoticons2.JPG

3. double-click the smileys you want and they will be inserted in your post where you left the cursor... btw you can also click on them afterwards and drag them to a different location in your post - same as with pictures.... ALSO... just found out something about pictures... when you upload them they may appear really small like thumb-nails. If you double click the picture it gives you options for changing the size and how you want the picture aligned in the text. Pretty handy actually when compared to the old site!

ISDC reply with emoticons3.JPG

Attachments

• ISDC reply with emoticons3.JPG
    ISDC reply with emoticons3.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 33
  • ISDC reply with emoticons2.JPG
    ISDC reply with emoticons2.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 34
  • ISDC reply with emoticons1.JPG
    ISDC reply with emoticons1.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 33
my browser looks nothing like that and does not have those options for font or smileys. no options to be honest

Back