Advice on broken laptop screen..

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
Alright lads wondering what's the best way to apoach this problem.

The wife dropped the lap top screen all ink black (cracked)
But still powers on ect

There's a good bit of stuff I'd like to back up on it

What's the best way to do this

Heard of people connecting them to tv ect what cable ect would I need or any other general help apreacited

Tks

Ciaran

connect to the tv if it has hdmi out. if not look for a VGA connector on it. Your tv, if modern enough should have VGA port

one of the function keys should switch to presentation mode which should switch it onto the tv

What make / model is the laptop?

Does it have any ports other than usb?

Have a monitor here you could borrow and have a few old laptops for spare parts and could maybe at least temporarily rig up something to see what you are doing to get stuff off if there are no video out ports on the laptop (HMDI, DV, VGA, DIGCMP).

cheers Charles that might be a plan alright its a acer aspire laptop has some othe ports don't know the name of em

You coming up to c&c Sunday mate?

Just use a cable for a desktop I've some there you can borrow one [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't be able to make C&C as my semester 2 exams start on Tuesday and a lot of studying to do.
If Colm has a VGA cable that should do the trick to connect to the TV. If TV doesn't have a VGA let me know and can drop in a monitor on Tue eve if you're stuck (not using it right now). Talk soon.

No sweat Charles thanks for the offer
good luck with the exams��

I'll let you know I go with the cable from Colm��

Other way of getting data is to Take hdd out and by using other machine, move files to usb hdd or pendrive.
Part of company that I am working for is doing such thing. Let me know what model of laptop it is and I might get you a screen per cost.

Back