DiRT Rally

Zheiko

Octane Boostaholics
Today announced and released in early access on Steam. Codemasters is back at its core and is delivering game, that I have personally tested and can call more Hardcore than old Colin McRae Rally II.

Better? Too early to say, but it is aspiring to be the best rally game yet. Its not as Hardcore simulation as Richard Burns Rally, and is more arcadeish, therefore xbox controller is viable weapon of choice. Steering wheel however recommended.

[youtube]ZWnebLUI5Vw[/youtube]

available on steam for only 28euro(I think). Its in Early Acccess, so a lot of things will be added during the development, but at this moment, its greatly playable, no crashes and looks awesome
Consoles should hopefully follow soon.

Hey!

I am playing Dirt Rally as well since the very moment it came out. unfortunatelly not as much as I could. It is still in so called Beta or development mode and god knows when they will release final version, but so far I am liking it a lot.

Add me in on Steam, my profile name is Mope to see who is quicker and maybe get few staged under belt together :)

Been following news of this for a while looks great

Really hoping they bring it to console

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have to agree, it's somewhat harder to drive it than other cars. My personal opinion is that it is like this only because the differential is much more locked than other AWD cars in same class. You have to really know how to throw it in the corner or otherwise just don't as you wont be able to power through it.

Did you try to loosen it up a little? It is much more tamable then (but I don't do it = challenge accepted).

So far I had only one chap playing the game as well (not so much as he is in RBR a lot) and with you it's good, will keep me in it more :) I already have few better times than you :p

I have one friend that I played with.

so majority of the game I played with Impreza, if you manage to get better times with impreza than me, good for you. With other cars, I often just finished the course and went onto another one.

Since none of my friends were really playing, I was always happy if I managed to get 1-5 spot in the leaderboards. Challenge accepted though, probably this weekend, I will check your times and beat them, so you have something to do after you get back:p

Lads looks good from video, what kind of pc needed to run this game ? One from currys or needs to built to spec ?

post what PC you have in mind and I will tell you if its gonna run it... but generally, up to 500e worth laptop isnt going to run games...

Min recommended to run Dirt Rally

I recommend using this website for any doubts: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri
Don't think you need very powerful computer *or laptop* to run this game on mid to low settings.
Ultra would need considerably more powerful computer

Minimum Recommended
CPU: AMD Athlon x2 Dual Core or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor @ 2.4Ghz
CPU Speed: Info
RAM: 4 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 5450 or Nvidia GeForce GT 430 or Intel HD 4000 with 1GB of VRAM
Sound Card: Yes
Free Disk Space: 35 GB

DiRT Rally - Flying Finland Update

Yes yes yes, finally more than one Subaru to pick from and more

All new 2000s vehicle class
2 new cars - Subaru Impreza 2001 and Ford Focus RS Rally 2001

We’ve updated the engine audio for the 1995 Subaru Impreza in the Group A class. We’d like to say a massive thank you to Ryan Champion for letting us use his awesome car for the recording!

Mouse Support! – Yep you asked for it so here it is. It’s still a work in progress so please give us your feedback on how we can improve it.

Just just managed to get enough money to buy 1995 Impreza and boy oh boy - I cannot drive again :D after driving Audi (Group B) for 2 weeks cannot understand the steering :) Just prooves how much this game actually lets you feel the car. It is soooo different.
After Audi Impreza feels so light on the road and so easy to steer, but really have to get use to it or maybe just tweek diffs so they are more locked to "trick" my arms in to Audi feel until I get used to Impreza.

1995 impreza is VERY understeery, so you will need to force it into corners a bit more, but I think thats one of the traits it has very similar with the Audi Quattro. The newage 2001 impreza is something else...

So picked up my copy yesterday.'Bought the bigger edition as it has a full movie on McRae. Only did a few events so could only drive the Mini and a Mark 2. Have to say they really nailed the noise and handling.

The Mini lacks the power and can come to a halt if you change down to too low a gear on a corner where as the Mark 2 is nuts and likes to fling the rear around. I'll have more time on Friday to play a bit more so I'll report back.

Savage game downloaded to on xbox doing 1960s championship with classic mini

Seriously enjoying it first two events didn't Finish as car destroyed ????

Tough game doesn't hold your hand ????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back