Legacy B4 loss of power

leggy

:imnewhere:
Hi guys I've got a 00 Legacy B4
Last week I was leaving work and when I got up to about 3500rpm a pssssst noise (best way I can describe :p)
It gets louder the harder you drive it.
Over the last few days now I've noticed that I've started to lose a bit of power and the crossover between turbos isn't as strong.
Car just doesn't seem to have the same power it did...
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to Subaru and tbh I dont know a thing about the B4 engine.
Thanks, Leggy

Check the dump valve as well if youve one fitted had the same problem with my last impreza and the dump valve was at fault changed it and it sorted it out

There was no dumpvalve in it when the problem started and I put it in yesterday and still no change, gonna take it out again because it's a bit fucked it's makes a butterfly sound most of the time

That might help with the power problem but I still don't know where the whistle type noise is coming from? :/

Boost leak as said above . Check all pipe work between turbo , intercooler and throttle body . Could also be your dump valve

Also did you blank the recirculating pipe going back into the intake for the factory valve

Ya I'm gonna go back over everything again once I finish work. Which pipe is that? As I said I'm not very familiar with the set up sorry, appreciate all the help! :yellowthumb:

Well you would have disconnected it fitting the dump valve , so in that general area . It needs to be blanked

I would of had that pipe blocked off when the dumpvalve was in if I'm thinking of the same pipe as you? I've the standard valve back in now with everything back as it should so do I still have to block off the pipe?

Back