Bc5 to gc8

andrewgrimes

Sunday Drivers
After a couple of years away from this forum and with my car off the road, I'm finally able to put my bc5 legacy back on the road. It needs work obviously but I'm just wondering how much suspension components can be used from impreza. Just fitted new timing belt water pump and thermostat along with a new rad. Also need to locate a set of samco hoses possibly or whatever mite be recommended by your good selves reading this. Any help in parts or technical advice would be greatly appreciated as I intend on doing a lot of the work myself. Also can't seem to load photos via iPhone so that I can show you what I'm working with. Any help there would be great too. Thanks.

Great to see another one goin back on the road, did you contact and of the traders they could steer you right

wagon dec

I haven't yet no. Just spent ages trying to remember my password. I will def get on to them. Things like hubs and struts etc looking to see will they fit straight on. I've picked up 4 pots and 2 pot brakes and have the brackets for the rear brake carriers to accept the 2 pots.

:thumbsup:good man. Andrew welcome along :thumbsup: great to see another bc5 on the road . Front brakes are a straight bolt on With the bigger discs and the rears have the bracket . You will have to cut some of the rear dust shield lip to fit the disc but it's fairly simple . :thumbsup:
Upload your photos to photo bucket and paste them in here :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
Thanks, I've had it nearly 8 years. If needs tlc alrite but it's worth putting the effort into it.
Was always a great car to drive.

Hi Dave, it's a car you helped me out with about 5-6 years ago with a fuel pump. I wish that was all it needed now. I wouldn't mind replacing the front suspension setup if it meant cleaning it up underneath.

Car is up and running finally. Having replaced all hoses and New rad etc I drained engine oil and flushes out the engine. When sump was empty I checked with a magnet was there anything in sump and sure enough I found a nut and bolt in the sump. I load photo there now but does any1 know what it mite be off of.

Back