Sports Cat Exhausts

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
When I do finally put the car on the road again, I just want hassle free motoring so have been considering a sports cat exhaust. Currently have a full decat Miltek exhaust which sound animal but considered selling it as 1 piece as you can't deal through miltek, need to go through a random agent.

What are the options put there to buy direct? And what sort of prices?

From my experience sports cats may be kind of hit or miss.
Some generally recommended solutions happened to fail for me on NCT, even despite they weren't exactly cheap.

What seems to be rather confirmed as a good solution is Prodrive (rebranded Scorpion, I think) - seems to work for most/all of people.
I ended with this one, too.

I think I didn't see too many complaining about Ninja ones, too - but I have no personal experiences with it.

Prodrive/Scorpion isn't, however, particularly cheap - unless second hand.

It may not be that easy with twin scroll downpipes - which I guess may be an issue for you with Spec C (just guessing here, that you have the newer, ts Spec C)?
But if you're generally happy with your exhaust apart from cat - maybe you should basically consider welding cat in to twinscroll downpipe - I did so.

Thanks mate, priced them up today, think I'll be sticking with what I've got :shock2:

The cost could pay for a lot of fitting/refitting but what I might do is invest in a middle section with a standard cat in it that would only be a diy job on and off.

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=44401.msg513185#msg513185 date=1428535647]
what I might do is invest in a middle section with a standard cat in it that would only be a diy job on and off.
[/quote]

Should be a good option, too.

If your looking for a sports cat Robbie I think a second hand prodrive one is the best cheap option, hard found, best bet is the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is I'd need a twin scroll one Eli, not sure if Prodrive ever made one for that did they?

I looked at their site Ciaran but no matter what I clicked on the exhausts section, it would just bring up a list of gaskets. Possibly just they're mobile site or my phone, I'll try again but if you have any direct links they'd be appreciated.

Buy a centre section and get Souhans to fit a cat on that
150 euro for me on the golf
Including emission test
Swop in for test time should last years that way
Give them a ring and ask be no harm [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What ever they have done to there website they fooked it up alright loada pants now ring them always found em very helpfull

Know they made the 200 cell cat for mine and rember before they changed site they had a twin scroll setup as a option ????
c8c731c7c1438f3347934344d47b4154.jpg

Used to be easy peasy man but as said ring em Rob just make sure ur sitting down ????

Back