Timeattack regs

4.3Vehicles must run on pump fuel as available from filling stations, no exotic fuels will be permitted although the addition of octane booster to pump fuel is permitted....

So does that rule out plans to run 109 sunoco race fuel..

Be a nightmare if cars are already mapped for this and then have to re-map?????????

Or how would they know???????????? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Roll cages have to have the side bars fitted aswell. Plus something to open the boot from the outside. Alot of effort to go to if its a road car.

yeah it is... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :thumbsup:

this area was interesting as fast road/tuners were out on track.......

now full on motorsports like rest.....

do you agree damo?

[/quote][quote author=davelegacy link=topic=5052.msg55926#msg55926 date=1200877892]
yeah it is... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :thumbsup:

this area was interesting as fast road/tuners were out on track.......

now full on motorsports like rest.....

do you agree damo?

[/quote]

Yeah for sure, If your not going to take your car off the road and use it for track only forget it, And if I was doing that id go to the UK Time Attack. Cant understand the fuel rule at all.

Damo

I know fcuk all about this time attack series - but if the drivers protested this (I imagine the main guys probably are all running race fuel) would Mondello not listen?

You can run on race fuel in the pro class ..It is the club class that you cant..

Pro regs
4.3. Vehicles must run on unleaded fuel. It is permitted to use a higher octane rated fuel, or raise the octane rating of pump fuel ..

Club regs
4.3. Vehicles must run on pump fuel as available from filling stations, no exotic fuels will be permitted although the addition of Octane is allowed..

The Pro regs are spot on bar the outside boot access ...In the UK this is a rule only if you have swirl pot on pumps in the boot ,i will be quirying this..

Philip.

My only problem there is having to have a minimum 6 point roll cage!!! :angry: the UK time attack doesn't need road cages in club class!
I would have stongly considered running the forester for an event or two if it wasn't for that!
Also Are Toyo r888's considered "over the counter tyres" as opposed to cut slicks??
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=5052.msg56143#msg56143 date=1200957597]
My only problem there is having to have a minimum 6 point roll cage!!! :angry: the UK time attack doesn't need road cages in club class!
I would have stongly considered running the forester for an event or two if it wasn't for that!
Also Are Toyo r888's considered "over the counter tyres" as opposed to cut slicks??
Dan
[/quote]

I think the UK Club class has to have the cage this year aswell.

WHY :angry: How many poeple died last year in the UK time attack club class due to lack of a roll cage??? d*ck heads :angry:
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=5052.msg56154#msg56154 date=1200958300]
WHY :angry: How many poeple died last year in the UK time attack club class due to lack of a roll cage??? d*ck heads :angry:
Dan
[/quote]

in fairness to you dan you can drive and your Forrester is up to it but a regulation like that stops people just showing up in what ever and shows a certain commitment and probably insures a certain standard of car and the safety aspect

Right so! Were do I get a 6 point cage for a forester?
Would it fook up my interior? and what kind of money are we talking?
It mightg not be a good idea at all but sure theres no harm in sussing it out!
Dan

@ Dagnut! I suppose :? :thumbsup:

Back