what parts can i expect to have left over?

W

wasps rfc

i've finally got a date for my PPP installation and wondered what original car parts I will have left over to bring back with me? :? :? :?

cheers

They seem to keep the Orginal parts and if you want to ever go back to standard ECU you have to buy it back off them. Think you get exhaust back ?

[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=581.msg4379#msg4379 date=1160728186]
They seem to keep the Orginal parts and if you want to ever go back to standard ECU you have to buy it back off them. Think you get exhaust back ?
[/quote]

i'm keeping everything that is removed from the car and replaced, no matter what they 'think they might get away with'

is it likely that they will try and keep the original parts??

Murph WRX got his PPP done on his 06 wrx in Castle garage in Bray and it was so bad he just asked for orginal ECU back and they said no he would have to buy it back as far as I can remember. He wants rid of his PPP asap and Castle Gargae in the end agreed to give him his orginal parts back if he is giving back all the PPP but he would not get a refund and that they would charge him labour to put it back standard.

Damo

[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=581.msg4381#msg4381 date=1160730753]
Murph WRX got his PPP done on his 06 wrx in Castle garage in Bray and it was so bad he just asked for orginal ECU back and they said no he would have to buy it back as far as I can remember. He wants rid of his PPP asap and Castle Gargae in the end agreed to give him his orginal parts back if he is giving back all the PPP but he would not get a refund and that they would charge him labour to put it back standard.

Damo
[/quote]

hi damo

interesting, i suppose there is good and bad out there, i am reasonabley confident that eddie garry's would be able to fit a PPP especially as they are running a couple of fully prep'd rally sti's........

i'm going to have a RR afterwards to check and eddie garry's know this

i'm now a little nervous!!!

Murph WRX had his rolling road done and got 221bhp after PPP. Subaru said they wont take rolling road reports into account.

Also if you do have a problem with anything be prepered for a big FOOK OFF from Eddie.

[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=581.msg4385#msg4385 date=1160732568]
Murph WRX had his rolling road done and got 221bhp after PPP. Subaru said they wont take rolling road reports into account.

Also if you do have a problem with anything be prepered for a big FOOK OFF from Eddie.
[/quote]

is that in general or just the PPP?

Which part. Rolling road print outs wont be considered. And yes with anything and everything.

[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=581.msg4388#msg4388 date=1160733434]
Which part. Rolling road print outs wont be considered. And yes with anything and everything.
[/quote]

hmm..... do you have any links to threads discussing them??

I wouldn't say "in general". The only time I've had problems with Eddie is when I've had to deal with him or anyone in his garage. :wall:

[size=8pt]I'm sure they're nice people when they're down the pub with their mates[/size] :roll:

i assume any subaru warranty work can be carried out at any dealer?

i'll obviously give them the benefit of the doubt, espcially as it is a new car, and see what happens

i have a fantastic solicitor who doesn't charge me!!! :shoot:

they may now suprise me and everyone here!!!!! :shock:

I would ask them if you are getting parts back ever before they touch your car and part with your hard earned cash.

[quote author=nodge link=topic=581.msg4390#msg4390 date=1160734397]
I wouldn't say "in general". The only time I've had problems with Eddie is when I've had to deal with him or anyone in his garage. :wall:

[size=8pt]I'm sure they're nice people when they're down the pub with their mates[/size] :roll:
[/quote]

I feel the same way and I dont think it'll matter if its a new car !!

Mack

Also ask them if you should run it on Octane booster. Subaru Ireland said yes then no then yes then no and prodrive said you cant use it or it may affect your warranty. PPP Is ment to be run on 98 in the UK as far as I know.

[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=581.msg4397#msg4397 date=1160742229]
Also ask them if you should run it on Octane booster. Subaru Ireland said yes then no then yes then no and prodrive said you cant use it or it may affect your warranty. PPP Is ment to be run on 98 in the UK as far as I know.
[/quote]

i'll make the enquiry

[quote author=mack link=topic=581.msg4396#msg4396 date=1160740857]
I would ask them if you are getting parts back ever before they touch your car and part with your hard earned cash.

[quote author=nodge link=topic=581.msg4390#msg4390 date=1160734397]

[/quote]

I feel the same way and I dont think it'll matter if its a new car !!

Mack

[/quote]

are all subaru dealerships the same???

Ive come accross 3 now that I wouldent go near anymore ( The list is growing ). One isent to far away and last week I needed a few bits and I ordered them from Donnallys up north. Handier to get it from them. Otherwise ive to wait for the wrong parts 2 or 3 times before I get the right ones from the place in Clondalkin. Plus Ive other reasons I wouldent give them any money again.

jeez sounds like subaru are going to to be challenging alfa for the title of worst service from their dealerships

Just wait till Niall gets on - he'll tell you about Eddie Garry :angry: :wall:

I would ask them every question before I let them touch your car....

Donnelly's might be an option plus they sponsor the club so you may get a discount (if you are a full member ;))

Alan.

As said heard a good few horror stories re eddie garry. If dead set on PPP i would highly advise Donnollys as they near enough do them every day of the week up there. And they also understand the true and utter meaning of customer care and most importantly customer AFTERCARE. Realisticly though i'd advise an ecutek re-map instead for best way of performance increase but think this in-validates your warranty.

Also id wait till your warranty is up and go ECUTEK. PPP just is not worth it.

Damo

Back