Engine trouble!!!!

B

bomno44

Hi Lads new to this forum so hoping ye can help!!!

Ive just got an 04 sti in from the uk.. and there seems to be a miss at around 4000 rpm... Any ideas as to what might cause this.. Also is there any way of reading the error code on one of these all i can see is that you can do it on a classic only!!!

Also having never driven one of these before i am wondering about the power.. Roughly there is lag from tick over to three and then it accelerates a bit quicker than standard to 5 and then it seems really quick to after seven,,, seems to be more left but at that level the emergency exit valve for the fuel tank opens and dumps out most of my fuel!!!

also seems to accelerate quicker on 1/2 to /3/4 throttle.. is this normal.. Ive come across this with chipped TDI's before where it was sending through too much fuel for it to burn..

Hope ye can help want to have some idea of whats going on before i have to go to a garage........

[quote author=bomno44 link=topic=5050.msg55838#msg55838 date=1200860246]
but at that level the emergency exit valve for the fuel tank opens and dumps out most of my fuel!!!
[/quote]

the what does what?

Next time it happens ill be behind you with a bucket :lol:
Never heard of that before.

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=5050.msg55847#msg55847 date=1200860869]
Next time it happens ill be behind you with a bucket :lol:
Never heard of that before.
[/quote]

lol... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think he means lads it dumps it back into the tank. How the hell do you know its doing all this and you dont know whats wrong...? This is definitly symtoms to me

Ive just bought a Scanguage 2 that will read error codes off your car. Wont work on my classic.
Yours for 120euro if you want it. Brand new only out the box to descover it wont work on my car.

There is something very wrong there!! ie. she sould accelerate like a normal car up to 3000rpm and then give you a good kick in the arse and accelerate hard and smooth up to the limiter!! at full throttle!!
I'm sure someone on here can help you!
Best of luck!

well that was my lame attempt at trying to be funny there lads i mean it drinks fuel when i accelerate hard!!!! you can see the gauge go down...... driving it normally and its fine..

As for the diagnostic thing ill see theres a mate of mine here thats going to take a look at it for me as he knows a lot about subarus so if he cant get it sorted i might just get it off ya..

Thanks

it drinks fuel when you accelerate hard, welcome to subaru ownership my good friend :subaru: :subaru: :subaru:

:thumbsup:

[quote author=JOHNNY T link=topic=5050.msg55992#msg55992 date=1200925772]
300 bhp sti + heavy right foot= not alot of petrol....
[/quote]

Well said :D

ya but it doesnt feel like 300bhp so thats my trouble.. Had a classic and it was very good on fuel un less you were cruising on a motorway.

Plugs etc being changed in a service so ill wait to see does it cure it... just thought id say it just incase it actually sounded like a sensor problem..

Cheers

Back