hawk suspension diagram

przemcio007

HI
Have that knocking noise back in my front suspension at my hawk.
Looking online for some diagram of all parts which meant to be at front part, cant find any for hawk.
was able to find for forester or older models of impreza, but cant for hawk.
Anyway, my question is, where you have your strut and on base of it you have place where you are inserting your spring, hing of round thing, snail shape, that spring can "lock" on a proper position on it. Should there be anything between spring and that part? I beleive that is what is making noise when going thru small bumps etc.
can anyone advise?

Subarus make noises man don't worry bout it life's to short

Get out there and give it a rip????

hehe, but there was no noise there before.
it is annoying me as you can hear it when driving. metal to metal click noise.
I am nearly sure it is some small fecking part either missing on damaged. it is bugging me. I noticed that spring was not sitting properly at bottom of a strut so I managed to move it into corect position, but I belieive there should be rubber ring on a bottom of it, which should prevent it from turning around.
anyway, if someone know, please let me know :)
Ciaran, you know that I am treating her like a bitch sometimes, she is being ripped every day after work on back roads. Decided to have some more fun there :)

Yes, normally there is a "rubber" seat, or a "hose-like" cover on the bottom turn of the spring to stop any creaking noises. Often they wear and are not replaced when aftermarket or non-dealer service on the strut. It can lead to annoying creaking sounds or even some metallic clicking sounds etc.

If the spring was "seated" properly (turned in strut till spring locked where it would not turn) then it should not rotate though unless the spring is the wrong size or the strut assembly is lose or incorrectly assembled. When you said you "managed to move it into the correct position" - was this by hand without a spring compressor?!? If so, there definitely is too much loose space in the assembly.

If not seated correctly it is quite dangerous as it will prematurely wear the spring / fatigue the spring where it can break (usually bottom turn). Advise you get it sorted properly if the spring moves out of the correctly seated position again, or if loose as per above.

[quote author=Keadeen link=topic=44262.msg511247#msg511247 date=1426698899]
Yes, normally there is a "rubber" seat, or a "hose-like" cover on the bottom turn of the spring to stop any creaking noises. Often they wear and are not replaced when aftermarket or non-dealer service on the strut. It can lead to annoying creaking sounds or even some metallic clicking sounds etc.

If the spring was "seated" properly (turned in strut till spring locked where it would not turn) then it should not rotate though unless the spring is the wrong size or the strut assembly is lose or incorrectly assembled. When you said you "managed to move it into the correct position" - was this by hand without a spring compressor?!? If so, there definitely is too much loose space in the assembly.

If not seated correctly it is quite dangerous as it will prematurely wear the spring / fatigue the spring where it can break (usually bottom turn). Advise you get it sorted properly if the spring moves out of the correctly seated position again, or if loose as per above.
[/quote]
when car was up on jack stand I noticed that spring looks weird so I sneak peak inside and seen that bottom end is not where it should be (kind of where spring is locking at bottom of it).
I moved it by hand, but had to use force to move it to proper space.
So you are said if it is moving, there is something wrong with it?
how to determine what space is needed? Springs are correct, for my model, from eibach.
I think top and bottom part should lock spring on place, but I am not expert.
Tomorow I ma leaving car at garage to get something else sorted, but I am planning to mention that one to them, as I thought that spring should not move on it.
spring is aftermarker, by eibach, but it was done by subaru garage so I thought they will replace what is needed to get it assembled properly

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=44262.msg511255#msg511255 date=1426702699]
Checked ball joints, track rods and anti roll bar links?
[/quote]ball joints replaced. track rods are ok and links replaced to whiteline.
Only thing is that rubber part which is bothering me. On a spring as far as I remember there is Kind of a rubber part but not on a bottom, but on inch above it where spring is compressed, just not to cling when spring is being compressed further.

Back