2008 Mondello track days

F

forester sti

Just wondering if anyone is planing on doing trackdays this year??
I haven't missed one in over 2 years and I don't plan on missing any this year  :dance:
The most important thing on track In my opinion is ( after general servicing, good oil etc..) Is brakes! It doesn't matter if you have 500hp if you cant slow down or trust that you'll have a good peddle every time you go for it you'll you are wasting your time!!
Standard road pads and fluid will not do!! so upgrade a few weeks in advance ( to give time for proper bedding in) to a good pad fluid combo! so mintex racing 1144 or 1155 / (not extreme) or ferodo equivelent and dot 5.1 (any good make) and that's a great start! or should I say stop :D
Other than that mondello is a right hand curcuit so put your best tyres on the passenger side to to get even enough tyre wear! and check your tyre pressures! if you are going to do a few days it would by worth your while getting a set of toyo r888's specificly for the track, (they are savage) I've had the same tyres (potenza re030) on the forester from new, she now has 18000 km and she's done a few trackdays and they are still ok! and I don't take it handy either :D
I will change them before the next day thought!
whell alignment is a great help! and it's not expensive, get a bit of negative camber (in at the top) on the front wheels for better turn in and less understeer and a nice tight rear anti roll bar (my best handling buy yet)!
Setup wise that's pretty much it,
Just check all your fluid levels regularly and bring plenty of petrol ( you'll use 2 tanks on a good day!) and put a bit to much octane booster in to be safe!
really looking forward to it!
Dan

ye good advice Dan fair play :thumbsup:

i have braided brake hoses,tar-ox discs,mintex pads these should be ok shouldnt they?

well worth using some motul brake fluid,takes alot to boil that stuff,less brake fade
also double check not to have too much tyre pressure,2 laps and your psi goes up a few :thumbsup:
alan
oh ye,some good quality coolant(motul again)

If the mintex are 1144 or 1155 they'll by grand! If not they wont! it will be writen on them!
It's not worth taking the chance! your whole day could be wasted if your brakes are fooked!!
Buy a set of 1155's and fit them for the trackday, bedding in time included and then put your road pads back in afterwards and save your 1155's for the next day! :thumbsup: And bleed your brakes to be sure to be sure!
Were you out at jap fest??
Dan

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W7On--ymQY0

Ye man i was there i wouldnt of missed that i was standing just to the right of the camera man there

how do i know if there 1155,s they were on the car when i bought it does it say it on them?

Sould say on  them! You'd have to take them out to check!
As said before just buy yourself a set of 1155's and stick them in well before the trackday and then take them back out to keep them for the next day!!
It's a very easy job (5-10 mins per side) once you have the wheel off.
Dan

Hopefully make an appearance on the track in the wagon at some stage. Will be in the summer when the weather is nice and sunny.. Not putting my road car on the track in the rain.

Never brought a 4wd car on the track yet so could be a health hazard...Ha ha ha...

scoobyke and myself will be doing a few track days this year dan :thumbsup:

AWD in the wet is great craic! :dance:
How's the track car going duffman?
Dan

sorry dan you must have me mixed up with some one else,im just going to be running my type r on the track

Who was it had that mad little hill climb thingy??
The type r will be savage on track! I'm driving mick spec c's type r on paddy's day :dance:
Dan

thats dermo-w with the hill climb i think

cool for paddy,s day i might try make it, so to give you a nuge on the back bumper to get you to push on

:thumbsup:
Are you and scoobyke sharing a car or are you driving your own cars??
Dan

driving are own cars ,we wont be going mad ,just like in japfest id say as we have to drive home again

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=5002.msg55388#msg55388 date=1200603650]
Sould say on them! You'd have to take them out to check!
As said before just buy yourself a set of 1155's and stick them in well before the trackday and then take them back out to keep them for the next day!!
It's a very easy job (5-10 mins per side) once you have the wheel off.
Dan
[/quote]

I will check thanks Dan.. :thumbsup:

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=5002.msg55421#msg55421 date=1200607852]
driving are own cars ,we wont be going mad ,just like in japfest id say as we have to drive home again
[/quote]

I wouldnt be able to do that once i get out its flat out all the way... :)

like i was saying to dan . for all or any track days i can offer my services of co-pilot, navigator or watever u will call it.
if passenger seat is taken , i would even settle for boot but its not my priorty.
pm for applications as i will be busy lookin for a new world record in a fiat chic we chento around laguna seca race track!!

Back