Newage Sti into a classic

Colm iirc didn't petrr moore do it as well ian has his dine and running he just has to get the finger out and finish it :1poke:

[emoji2]I'm a while waiting for Gordon to get his holidays to finish the finer details

Peter Moore I was talking to him at a meet he did it in a weekend in his garden
No build thread
Can't be that hard if he did it in that time frame
Quicker than Ian and. Gordon anyway :falldownlaugh:
Get it done lads have her running for the summer Ian :dontknow:

[quote author=colly link=topic=43641.msg502338#msg502338 date=1420750087]
Has anyone a number for him ?
[/quote]

Only met him once
Some others know him
It was the type r sc86 sold last year that had the conversion done
Know he changed pedals and everything
Dash had a gap I remember on sides where it didn't really fit
He changed pretty much everything If I remember correctly
Dave leggy would know all I'd say

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD App Thingy

Are you looking put dash and all in or just new age sti engine bay loom and ecu etc.?

Imo too big of gaps for a road car about dash etc. Track car its nice to do as modern looking.

Not a huge headache once have complete donor car, if was for engine loom/ecu side of things.

Would love to do this exact conversion into a V5 or v6 Type R... If not going big power I would have to think on whether I would leave the 5spd in... 6spd boxes are strong but are a savage weight.

Full running gear will be going in also but going to leave classic dash and newage clocks .

Donor engine loom from new age. and then small bit of wiring easiest on existing loom to do. So by that you be leaving example speedo cable driven as is.

And whole engine bay, brackets, sensors etc be all new age.

Not big deal to do.

But would need complete car cost effective wise and to ensure have all needed

Can engine separate from interior loom , as its fly by wire and is this possible to separate from interior loom .

[quote author=colly link=topic=43641.msg502518#msg502518 date=1420879922]
Can engine separate from interior loom , as its fly by wire and is this possible to separate from interior loom .
[/quote]

Why choosing fly by wire?

And needs custom wiring. But all doable

Cost is the big factor, if you can do all the work yourself it's more viable than paying someone to do it....
Once you fit the 6spd, the weight of your classic will be getting a lot closer to a newage sti weight.... So at that point with paying someone to do the work and then the weight being close to a Newage... Could be more practical just to buy a newage sti..

[quote author=KENC link=topic=43641.msg503038#msg503038 date=1421230078]
Cost is the big factor, if you can do all the work yourself it's more viable than paying someone to do it....
Once you fit the 6spd, the weight of your classic will be getting a lot closer to a newage sti weight.... So at that point with paying someone to do the work and then the weight being close to a Newage... Could be more practical just to buy a newage sti..
[/quote]
Well thats not exactly it re weight.

A 6 speed box from memory is about 32kg heavier then a 5 speed.

New age STi is area 1450kg

A classic is area 1250kg area

So only pushing a classic upto 1280kg.

If doing the whole lot , r180 diff, brembos etc has to be 1300 or so
But with a map at 320-330hp that's still a lot in a classic even if it's had a little weight added.

Back