Go pro to you tube?

Adrian Dunne

Octane Boostaholics
Hi lads I'm not sure what is the best way to upload my gopro videos.
When I save them on my pc they are around 1.6gb each but when I edit and convert on go pro studio they end up being about 12gb?
Now I live in the sticks and my upload is just 0.95 Mbps and download is 8.50 ping 35ms is there a better way and do I need to convert the videos as this seems to be loaning on the extra GB,sorry if this topic has been covered before I just got the go pro it's just the first edition go pro hero.

I just upload straight from the card onto YouTube and use the editor in youtube to trim any bits I don't want out .
I cannot stand those editors pain in the balls .

Can you plug the laptop straight into the router?

I'm trying that now Baz it's at at 16% 433 mins left my upload is really slow'that editor was wrecking my head[emoji16]I'm doing it on my pc because my laptop is old and slow so can't plug in this time,I'll try plugging it in for the next video,looks like I'll just have too let this one slow cook:)

you can use some video editing software such as pinnacle studio, trim out the bits you dont want and convert to Youtube friendly file format. that should upload a lot quicker

With go pro you can download software from their website. Once you cut what you want you can convert video format to shrink size of file without loosing quality.

It's the 1 thing I hate about the go pro downloading the files as it takes Ages And unless you have. 50m. Your at. Nothing

I have about 1meg upload and 8meg download which is fine for Netflix and sky go,but this is the first time I ever tried to upload anything big!i put a video up on bookface that I done on my iphone and it was uploaded in 10 mins [emoji16]

Back