Turbo removal

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
How difficult is it to remove a turbo by diy without access to a lift, dealing with any potentially seized bolts, etc. Can it be done through an open bonnet or is access required from underneath as well?

Briefly considering a diy special as I can't move the car without a trailer which I don't have. :cuckoo: although tbh, I'd probably be on the verge of binning the entire car before I got the job done :lol2

Ideally you need access to underneath for the downpipe.
It's takes me about 40mins -1 hr now but the first time I think was 3hours due to incorrect tools and couple of seized nuts

It's not too bad of a job after the first time . Best advice is a good selection 14mm spaners . Ratchet , Cranked ratchet , short . You will also need access from underneath As you won't reach the bottom nut from the top . Barry is spot on about 3/4 hours first time. . But stay at it As it worth it in the end :thumbsup:

Ps think there 14mm nuts :thumbsup:

Yup that would do the job alright

Ciaran WRX

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420024149161.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1420024149161.png
    458.5 KB · Views: 11
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420024149161.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1420024149161.png
    458.5 KB · Views: 11
3-4 hours plus I'd say if you boys can do it in 3, ha ha.. I'd probably be a day or 2 allowing for the time it takes for emergency services to remove my fist from the wall 2-3 times :lol2

I'll maybe have a look at the bolts first and see, the downpipe shouldn't be too bad but the up pipe may be a different story, do they tend to seize too?

Can be done in an hour everything going well so we're giving you 3-4 hours cos it's your first time and were fair like that here :icon_biggrin: :thumbsup:

Back