Exhaust fitting - opinions please

Wagon Rob

Octane Boostaholics
So this evening I collect the new exhaust that'll be getting fitted to our car. Its a turbo-back ToyoSports system along with the up-pipe. From my searching online before buying I've read that one or two of the mounts may need slight tweaking but other than that it should be fairly straight-forward to fit.

My question though, is whether or not its realistic to attempt fitting of this on a driveway or is it something that really needs a lift or pit? I don't have ramps, just trolley jacks and axle stands so I'm wondering if I'd be biting off more than I can chew by trying to fit it all myself. How difficult is the up-pipe to get at?

Any opinions welcome :thumbsup:

Rob get a mate to help and you should be grand in the driveway not sure on the up pipe though im sure one of the lads will know.

Enjoy

be a lot handier if you could get it up a lift, removing the old one prob be tough enough. i just changed centre section and back box had it lift,would have been tough with it on ramps or stands

Would advise leave the uppipe alone. No advantage watsoever. Yours has no cat in it.

Re fitting turbo back on a driveway. Providing that all nuts/bolts come off turbo clean without issue then yes its doable

Hmmm. Interesting. Cheers lads. :thumbsup:

May pop to the local mechanic tomorrow and see if he's open/busy. If he can fit it then well and good, if he can't then I might soak all the bolts in WD40 and make an attempt at it myself on Wednesday. :ponder:

Done my centre section and back box on the drive way . Was doable but lift or pit would save you time and ball ache imo

Done some on the drive way, but deffo a pain in the XXX.
If you run into seriously ceased stuff it can very hard / nearly impossible on a drive way to complete the job as won't have enough space to get leverage on things.

There are a couple of places around where you can rent a bay with lift for a few bob and worth the money when doing awkward jobs.

[quote author=nivek4209 link=topic=43573.msg500988#msg500988 date=1419941822]
Have my eye on on this same system
Did you get it secondhand or new I'm kinda wondering what it sounds like
[/quote]
Bought it new. Little bit of self-control and ended up getting it for a steal. :smokin:

Have toyosport, came with the car.
Prepare to have your head wrecked,
either lm getting too old or its just too loud
On a full tilt l cant hear my thoughts

[quote author=Wagon Rob link=topic=43573.msg501011#msg501011 date=1419952473]
[quote author=nivek4209 link=topic=43573.msg500988#msg500988 date=1419941822]
Have my eye on on this same system
Did you get it secondhand or new I'm kinda wondering what it sounds like
[/quote]
Bought it new. Little bit of self-control and ended up getting it for a steal. :smokin:
[/quote]
Probably the one I'm still chasing then

[quote author=dontommy link=topic=43573.msg501030#msg501030 date=1419963516]
On a full tilt l cant hear my thoughts
[/quote]
That could be a good thing for me :icon_lol:

Wife has already said that if it's too loud then it'll be shown the door so I'm prepared for it to be a short-term thing. Do you ever fit the bung to quieten it down a bit?

Yes l fit the bung and it was fine but the car felt a bit hesitant,
so at the end l got it removed again.

[quote author=nivek4209 link=topic=43573.msg501031#msg501031 date=1419963690]
Probably the one I'm still chasing then
[/quote]
Hang in there.

I lost out on 4 auctions and a seller with a Best Offer thing that didn't accept what I was willing to pay. In the end I won an auction that finished at 1.10am and £83 less than the other auction that finished at 8.10pm prior to it. :goodjob:

[quote author=dontommy link=topic=43573.msg501039#msg501039 date=1419966977]
Yes l fit the bung and it was fine but the car felt a bit hesitant,
so at the end l got it removed again.
[/quote]
Hmmm. Guess I'll have to wait and see so. :ponder:

Oh now thats interesting! Thanks Gordon. Something else to consider if it turns out to be a bit too loud to get approval :thumbsup:

Picked mine up this morning complete from turbo back brand new 80stg
But no gaskets have you any pics of your gaskets ??

photo1-26.jpg

80 quid for a full system is good what's the quality like
I know a lad that had one of them sound flaps in a skyline he had it on a switch
went to tthe ring and they let him out no bother but every time he came in they wanted to test it again got away with it for the few days he was over

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=43573.msg501508#msg501508 date=1420313858]
80 quid for a full system is good what's the quality like

[/quote]

It's Toyosports system
Not the most expensive but It will do the job at that money I couldn't leave it behind
You'd pay more for one section

Back