Upgrade Turbo?

scoobymanwrx

Sunday Drivers
I know this has being done already, but i'm only now thinking about it so i have a couple of Q's

1. what kinda turbo do i have, where can i find it out (01 wrx bug) so i can know for future ref.

2. What would be a realistic upgrade i.e cross between price & durability. I dont want stoopid boost yet :p

3. Whatever is recommened , is it poss to buy 2nd hand and what price range am i looking at :ponder:

4.Anybody any experience of buying hi end stuff for ur car off ebay? :ponder:
the reason i ask saw this dodgy one :nana: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TD05-20G-turb...5QQihZ012QQcategoryZ72205QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
thanks lads

Morgan

on your model it will be a td04 good for nearly 300bhp ideal upgrade for you would be a vf35 off a newage sti should pick one up for around £300 ish no problems and they have been known to go to 380bhp but realistlictly 350bhp hope this helps????

gerry

thanks gerry, wud i get this from a breakers, and wud it be a good idea i.e. not knowing what the car has being doing. Has anybody had actuator probs before, along with a wastegate prob. :dunno: :cry: will talk to george tomorrow and eventually have it sorted i hope, taking to long with my other mechanic

Morgan

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=568.msg4314#msg4314 date=1160610511]
And with a big turbo comes massive BHP (482bhp dragster :shock: :lol:) So you will need a high performance clutch that is able to take that kinda power... :shock: :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EXEDY-HYPER-S...8082846QQihZ011QQcategoryZ10424QQcmdZViewItem

Now ye can never accuse me of not giving you a plug....... see i am fair........ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[/quote]

:lol: :D ive seen people saying that kind of thing before on ebay so i said that so that i can compete with the other sellers. the only lie im telling is i dont have a 482bhp drag-car. but the clutch im hyper single can take that power no problem, so the only thing im doing wrong is trying to promote my item on ebay. whats wrong with that? :dunno:
but thanks for advertising the clutch for me dave :thumbsup: :D

George

well lads finally figured out that i dont need a new turbo, upgrade is off for 8mths, what i do need is PRESSURE CONTROL ON THE WASTEGATE, any body know where i can get 1. subaru dont sell them as a part, so my dealer cant get 1, it will need to fit a 01 wrx bugeye, any ideas are welcome or a direction to where to get one all help greatly appreciated, cause my blue baby just isn't herself :cry:

Morgan

Back