Subaru Legacy b4 Twin Turbo de-cat Centre Pipe questions....

Re: Subaru Legacy b4 Twin Turbo de-cat Centre Pipe questions....

it will fail NCT and you will need a remap...not sure if it would fit

Will pass Nct emissions if you still have the standard downpipe in the car. Dunno if there's a fitting difference, check somewhere else selling them like Hayward and Scott and see if it's the same price

Subaru Legacy b4 Twin Turbo de-cat Centre Pipe questions....

Will fit the wagon
Hayward and Scott one I worked on before was not 100% , bends were slightly off

It's for a wagon, He wants to know if it'll fit a saloon be5. Agree on h&s quality, not great but he should use them to see if it's the same part for be and bh, although it's quite possible h&s are supplying scoobyworld anyway as there's not a lot of choice out there for be/bh exhausts

Centre sections are the same length in both wagon and saloon. Back box is different length.
Issue could be it mating up to back box. Hayward and scott ones are known to be slightly off

yeah car still has cat on the downpipe, was thnking it would be safe enough for the nct alright. friend of mine in the uk has just bought one.... the very same one on the link.... he fitted it this evening and said no problems with line ups on the BE5! so thats that sorted

what about mapping? will it need to be done straight away or will it be ok to run for a couple of months...
if im better off getting it mapped ill hold off fitting till the summer...

he also described the sound as epic :thumbsup:

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=43457.msg499050#msg499050 date=1418148496]
Will pass Nct emissions if you still have the standard downpipe in the car. Dunno if there's a fitting difference, check somewhere else selling them like Hayward and Scott and see if it's the same price
[/quote]

I removed the cat in the down pipe and left centre in place and passed emissions whilst my friend did the opposite and failed....I know that's not exactly scientific but I though the main cat was in the centre pipe?

Main cat is in the downpipe, most people back in the day decatted the center and still passed emmissions. Of course, its all dependant on the remaining cat and the lamda still being in good working condition.

I did the same as you though, I went full decat and put the center section back in for the NCT as it was only a 20min job and it barely scraped through, even with half a bottle of diptane in it :lol2

@gareth - plenty have done the center and not mapped as the main restriction which is the cat in the downpipe is still in place but I would check it before and after with a gauge or something just to make sure it doesn't spike

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=43457.msg499107#msg499107 date=1418202371]
Main cat is in the downpipe, most people back in the day decatted the center and still passed emmissions. Of course, its all dependant on the remaining cat and the lamda still being in good working condition.

I did the same as you though, I went full decat and put the center section back in for the NCT as it was only a 20min job and it barely scraped through, even with half a bottle of diptane in it :lol2

@gareth - plenty have done the center and not mapped as the main restriction which is the cat in the downpipe is still in place but I would check it before and after with a gauge or something just to make sure it doesn't spike
[/quote]

Ah I see Ted..

Back