KYb for 04 wrx

blacktar

Club Chairman
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
hi Lads , just want to double check am looking at the right kyb shocks for the blob wrx,

will be fitting eiback pro kit springs soon, was looking at the shocks and my offside rear is on its way out, just want to make sure that kyb exel g are correct for the 04 wrx and not the ultra r (are these for sti)

kyb numbers i have from techdoc are
kyb334358 and kyb334359 for the rear, anyone know these correct for my car

cheers :thumbsup:

Have the Kyb ultra sr gold shocks in the rear of mine so they might fit yours too

Not sure though man

Great shock

Ciaran WRX

Lookin at Kyb killfree cause can get them at work them or trw but they don't seem to have a listing for it.

Will the ultra Sr fit straight in. What's the difference in the 2 is the ultra stiffer Dave

Mine fine after 2 years

Don't worry bout em being to hard mine rides lovley

You could ring scooby world see if they fit

Ciaran WRX

[quote author=blacktar link=topic=43386.msg497984#msg497984 date=1417161211]
Lookin at Kyb killfree cause can get them at work them or trw but they don't seem to have a listing for it.

Will the ultra Sr fit straight in. What's the difference in the 2 is the ultra stiffer Dave
[/quote]
yes ultra sr will fit straight in.

they are an inverted damper. exact same as red sti ones.

I have ultra sr all round my wagon. I went direct replacement from the pink sti ones I had in as they are scrap.

Does the knocking shocks only affect widetrack sti's or does it affect other models as well? That could explain why kilfree's only last 2 months and ciarans have lasted 2 years.

Not sure Robbie but in fairness I only have the Kybs in the back oem on front thought my fronts were knocking bout a year ago but went away as soon as I upgraded my droplinks

Ciaran WRX

Front and back Luke? I thought it was only the rear shocks that were the problem?

Ciaran, did you replace the front or was it just the worn drop links causing the knocking?

No fronts are oem shocks still yea replacing worn drops cured the noise

When the fronts are worn ill be getting some new kyb sr upfront

Ciaran WRX

Top mounts started making noise on the front when I replaced the rear ones and lowered the car. In the end I ripped all out and put new shocks and springs all round.

[quote author=Kilfree link=topic=43386.msg497983#msg497983 date=1417155173]
Kyb rubbish. My new ones are knocking after a year.
[/quote]

thats bad , have mine 3 years and not a creak and they were in a car up north for a year before i got them.

I think the shocks were 130 or so each but I have to check to be sure and the kyb top mounts were 40 I think. If anyone needs a defo price I can look up the dockets.

Rears in mine were knocking and only 23k on them
got them packed with new grease and not a bump out of them

Back