What speed Broadband required.

KENC

ISDC Club Member
Thinking of giving one if those Sky boxes a go that have everything on them, need good Broadband for it to work apparently... Would 6mb be enough?

Yeah something like that, they are on Donedeal there.. Also had an Android TV box mentioned to me... To be honest I know very little about them both

It's the dish that pulls the signal the internet just provides the code to UN scramble it
so you nneedvery little mb

I have 8.5 meg with sky broadband and it works very well with Netflix so I'm thinking of getting one of them boxs myself,as far as I know all you need is 2.5 meg as Keith said it's just to unscramble a code.

A mate of mine had 2.5/3 meg and that worked his dreambox
My ps3 can stream Netflix at 6-8mb, I imagine u would be ok

I had 3 meg and dreambox worked no prob
Netflix was perfect but YouTube on the tv was sh,it freezing all the time worse when in hd so dumped eircom with 3 mb and went to upc with 120 mb YouTube still freezing on the tv
don't know what the story is it's wrecking my head
anyone know how to delete the YouTube app on a panasonic tv

Any of you using the android TV box?? A mate of mine said that movies that are still in cinema can be got? I really don't know anything about this kind of stuff.. I have I think either 2-3mb at the moment but I can up that to 6mb for 10quid extra.. I'm in the country so was limited in broadband providers... Currently with Permanet

@ Baz I have the upc modem the wireless one and a btv box
with hacked to get all the channels

:xmas_cheers: :anyone:Will try that Robbie if anyone had any links to good android boxes or dream boxes etc etc be handy

Haven't investigated the android box yet as I have a chromecast & thats all I need.

Can view all tv & films via the showbox app & stream it using any number of streaming apps to my chromecast.

What way do the chrome casts work? Do they only mirror what your looking at on laptop or can it work in the TV on it's own?

Back