Newage vent surrounds

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
The silver trim around the vents on blobs and hawks, can it be taken out without breaking clips, or is it screwed in from the back or anything? Tried searching YouTube but couldn't find anything.

ya they just pop out

i fitted a boost guage into mine

[quote author=DUFFMAN™ link=topic=43213.msg495535#msg495535 date=1415472274]
ya they just pop out

i fitted a boost guage into mine
[/quote]

did yours not break .. I thought they side ones on the dash break if you take them out

Mine didn't so I must of just got lucky, I only had to get one side out to

Cheers lads, How many clips are there on them? And what location are they, e.g. North, South, East, west?

And the bigger question, are they expensive to replace if I do break the clips?

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=43213.msg495551#msg495551 date=1415475953]
Cheers lads, How many clips are there on them? And what location are they, e.g. North, South, East, west?

And the bigger question, are they expensive to replace if I do break the clips?
[/quote]

there not that expensive.. For 2 of them it is around €33 plus vat. part number 66208FE050.. There down as panel side defroster . Just make sure that right before you order any incase |I'm wrong

Not the worst so, worth trying them anyway and just buy new if needs be then.

Cheers lads, karma all round :thumbsup:

Rob .. had a look at the invoice there.. I was wrong . They are €31 EACH plus vat..Bit of a difference

Sorry about that

Pulled out all the console bits today, 1 vent surround came out fine, and a clip broke on the other one. There's a knack to getting them out, pity I discovered it too late :doh: :roll:

Now to spray them black and add a red hazard switch for a more JDM look, should be done later this week providing I get some time :pray:

They are clip on robbie you need to remove the vent itself and then you will the tabs you have to release

Back